09 Tahoe 6.2L Goes Fast, Now Needs Better Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattluttrell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run slotted rotors and ceramic pads on my Escalade. It seems silly to have 400HP+, 22inch wheels and such a low diameter rotors.

Oh well. I don't think there is any substitute for larger diameter brakes.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What brand did you go with?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
thirdcoast

thirdcoast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tiki,

Are those the Raybestos PER-300 Rotors? I was going to use those, but finally bought the Wilwood Big Brake (16") TX6R Big Brake Truck Front Brake Kits for F&R.

A lot more money, but I am going to be doing a lot of mountain driving in the next couple of years so I figured what the heck.. plus I decided NOT to install a Whipple as I have all the HP an old fart needs,.,

BTW, I found a great Wilwood vendor that gives a pretty good discount if anyone is interested.

Good luck,

TC

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is. Bedded them this morning, going to do the fronts next weekend.

Polaris425

Reaction score
I want to upgrade my fronts but, Just can't afford to spend $2000 on the wilwoods. Unless we get a REALLY good Christmas bonus this year but, that's still a ways off. lol. I would do OEM replacements but, they just look so tiny behind these 20's. Which I don't really care for either. Really wish it had 18's on it. So I Was going to try to go to a little bigger rotor but I'm having problems finding anything other than either OEM replacement, or $2000 full replacement kits.

OP
OP
thirdcoast

thirdcoast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Baer Eradispeed +1 Rotors & Pads

15" Rotors using factory calipers, slotted & Drilled Rotors.. around $1300.00 for the front & rear including pads from Autoanything,com

Last edited:

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would upgrade the pads before going crazy with bigger parts. I agree, as my Escalade is a monster, but doesn't stop very well. One day, I'll play with pad compound.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
I bought my wilwood fronts for 1400 used and in really good condition. Search around. Look on performancetrucks.net, ebay, craigslist, etc. Hell check junk yards. You would be surprised. I just rebuilt the calipers and new pads. Pads were 100 and new piston seals were only a few bucks i think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyetheguy93

Latest posts