07Burb’s 2013 LTZ Burb Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Atomic Fab?

nope!
there isnt a qa1/viking coil over shock that would work for this application unfortunately- that was the first thing i looked for.
needs to be about 26" at ride height, so i would be looking for it to be like 18" collapsed/30"+ extended

with the shock extenders in the rear, the longest qa-1 shock should work pretty good. i temporarily put the qa-1s i have on the rear just to get an idea of how they ride and how they control the rear springs. if i can get it to ride nice i will order the correct size ones. i think ride height needs to be around 18-19" with the extenders. the shocks i have are happy around 6" ride height - so i have plenty of compression available, but only a little over 2" of extension on them

it rode and handled great with them lowered. but one gripe i always had when replacing the spherical bearings or having them squeak a little, and when removing them i usually had to beat them out of the mounts, which would ruin the bearing anyway and it would have to be replaced.
I like that these use stock mounts with insulator already on it and stuff, hoping they are quiet

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just submitted a request to have 2/21 off so I should be able to complete the install then if one of the next couple of weekends don't open up (I doubt they will). So 2/21 should be a good day of installing and then picture taking of the progress :)

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just submitted a request to have 2/21 off so I should be able to complete the install then if one of the next couple of weekends don't open up (I doubt they will). So 2/21 should be a good day of installing and then picture taking of the progress :)

I wish I could be there to watch and bust your balls and throw popcorn at your head. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667