New here w/ 11 Hoe Mountain/overland build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
Welcome. I love mine off road. I just got back from the mountains in Colorado even at 10,776 it was running great. I have run mine in snow mud desert and mountains in California, Utah, Arizona, Colorado and Nevada. Never been stuck so far and it has never left me stranded.

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want a winch more than anything, the hidden one would be cool. You can't really get stuck if you have a winch, lol.
My buddy has an FJ with a really expensive rooftop tent and a winch. He has put a couple hundred thousand miles on it, and his camping stories sound pretty fun.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
I have never used my winch to get un-stuck I have helped other people with it. Truth be told most of the time you need to get pulled backwards to get out of a bad situation so, a winch on the front of your rig doesn't help all the time. You can certainly get stuck even with a winch..

There is a lot of room in front to mount a hidden winch if you can find a mounting kit to fit one of these.

OP
OP
B

BoatsAndHoes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have never used my winch to get un-stuck I have helped other people with it. Truth be told most of the time you need to get pulled backwards to get out of a bad situation so, a winch on the front of your rig doesn't help all the time. You can certainly get stuck even with a winch..

There is a lot of room in front to mount a hidden winch if you can find a mounting kit to fit one of these.
I don’t really see a winch as a tool to get me unstuck but rather a tool to pull me over certain obstacles safely. Where I wheel it wouldn’t be unimaginable to intentionally high center the vehicle on a log or boulder and then use the winch and ****** blocks to then pull over it in a controlled manner. I’ve already surrendered to the idea that I’ll be custom building my winch bumper and will likely have the winch mounted behind the bumper because you are absolutely correct, there’s tons of room back there.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I had a 73 Blazer that I used for off-roading in Moab and all over Oregon forest trails. I had a front and rear receiver that I could plug the Warn winch in to and plug in the power cables and winch from either end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons