07 yukon audio build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevenaguilera

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey everyone this is my first ever post/thread on any type of forum. ive been looking through everyones threads and i have been really impressed on how people are so willing to help each other out and are so informative. now, i dont have so many shiny whistles on my ride like everyone else and believe me i love looking at them. im starting this to ask for help with looking to just upgrade my car audio. i have an 07 gmc yukon with oem audio (no bose) and recently blew a speaker...or two. guess this means its time for an all around upgrade. any ideas, comments, suggestions etc would be greatly appreciated. please keep in mind im a pretty young owner working in the marine corps so i dont plan on spending 4 months of pay on jl audio (though i wish i could).

thanks in advance.
-steven

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the speakers I'm currently looking at infinity kappa speakers there an amazing speaker and an even better price. For subs I would go with re audio better than jl audio imo with the price slashed in half. Thanks for your service btw!

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Welcome to the forum also!

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1st - Welcome!!!

2nd - Although I love JL Audio, they aren't the best speaker you can get. Just because they advertise all over, doesn't mean they are the best. For example, look up Digital Designs. They don't advertise much at all, but they are a serious woofer. There are a lot of competition woofers out there that a lot of people have never heard of. You can get a couple JL 12's (w1) for a couple hundred bucks and sound good. You don't have to get the $600 w7's.

With that being said;

Do you have 3rd row seating?
Do you want to keep it?
Are you swapping out the head unit?
Are you going to power the new door speakers with the head unit or an amp?

And most importantly, what is your budget?

OP
OP
S

stevenaguilera

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey guys i really appreciate all the info so far. i cant believe i havent jumped on this sooner. yes i do have 3rd row seating and do i need it? no. but it is nice to have just in case i guess. i do take out the 3rd row seating most of the time throughout the year to make room for my football gear as i play football for the marines and just throw my pads in the back of the truck. im not looking for any competition type of sound, just something to sound clean with a maybe a 10" sub for some bass. I listen to rap most of the time and every now and then listen to some house if the lady wants to play with the radio so a nice little system to compliment those genres of music. just want to turn it up to hype me up on game days or practice or before hitting the gym and of course on the way out to the bars/clubs. im willing to spend $500 give or take. the stock head unit will stay for now but with time ill throw in some nav.

thanks again everyone. i really do appreciate it and about the service...i never know what to say when people say thanks but...youre welcome? i definitely dont mean that in a bad way if it sounds like that. i guess you can say, im just doing my job. have a good one guys

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would probably get two 12" re audios but re audio hits pretty hard so I wouldn't be suprised if it was all you needed for the system you described

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look up Skar audio or Sundown. They make quality subs. I'm going to get Ascendant but if I didn't, I'd go with one of those. RE is good but I hear their older model was better and most people aren't as impressed with the newer models. Kicker makes decenct stuff. I have one of their 400 watt amps and it worked fine and never gave me any issues. Nate made a good suggestion too. Subdown makes really good amps too and all of their equipment is reasonably priced. Unless you want something really loud, I think one 10 or 12 will do. I'm going to go with one 12 and it should be plenty. It really depends on what you want, what your budget is and how much space you are willing to give up in your truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts