07 denali oil pan gasket,pickup o-ring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ny_summit

Reaction score
Going to be replace the oil pan gasket as it's leaking, and the pick up tube o-ring. Should I go OEM gasket and o-ring? Is there a better aftermarket choice?
I've also read that vehicles without dod/afm can plug the pressure relief valve. Should I plug it? I want to make sure I get what needs to be done at the same time. Thank you!

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a felpro gasket and o-ring on mine. No adverse issues. Never did more than clean out the pan and reassemble. If you are dealing with low oil pressure, do the valley gaskets as well

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to be replace the oil pan gasket as it's leaking, and the pick up tube o-ring. Should I go OEM gasket and o-ring? Is there a better aftermarket choice?
I've also read that vehicles without dod/afm can plug the pressure relief valve. Should I plug it? I want to make sure I get what needs to be done at the same time. Thank you!
OEM lasted you 16/17 years.

OP
OP
ny_summit

ny_summit

Reaction score
I used a felpro gasket and o-ring on mine. No adverse issues. Never did more than clean out the pan and reassemble. If you are dealing with low oil pressure, do the valley gaskets as well
Thank you. My cold pressure and cruising pressure seems ok. Hot idle does get sort of low. I plan on doing the valley gaskets but want to get the oil pan done first since it's leaking.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gm or FelPro will both work well.. Whatever is easiest for you to buy...
Just don't buy either from a 3rd party seller as there are lots of fake parts
out there...
Good Luck !!

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You made this same post last May?
Here's what I did 5+ yrs ago and it's still going strong and dry 64k miles later:
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/engine-oil-pan-gasket-change-6-2-yukon-l92.108487/

OP
OP
ny_summit

ny_summit

Reaction score
You made this same post last May?
Here's what I did 5+ yrs ago and it's still going strong and dry 64k miles later:
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/engine-oil-pan-gasket-change-6-2-yukon-l92.108487/
Looks like I have, it wasent leaking too bad at the time and it's gotten worse. So need to get it done now and just want to be prepared. For the sheild on the pressure relief valve do I need it if my vehicle does not have afm? Or install it anyways? I've seen some post where people just plug it if you do not have afm so trying to decide what to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts