2017 Tahoe/ICT Valley Cover has no PCV port, how do I run the PCV now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
C6 vette has a PCV that fits down in the valley.
can't have AFM with that though.

I don't know if later vettes have the same config or not, but it sounds like you might have vette valve covers.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Stock system also has an intake side, pulls fresh filtered air from the airbox.
then from the other side it's connected to the intake, that's on the other side of the valve cover.

The vette setup has the crankcase suction from the valley cover, I'm not sure where they pull the fresh air from.
Does the ICT have an pcv connection on one of the valve covers?

Also, I only know this because I have a Vette PCV that I'm planning to run once I'm in the mood to tear into the tahoe again. :angels2:

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had the intake, valve covers, etc off my 2002 C5 vette last week to install a catch can and to clean things up. There isn't a air line from the airbox going to the valve covers, intake, pvc system.

OP
OP
snives

snives

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What I am going with for now is to run an inline PCV from the drivers valve/rocker cover to the stock intake manifold port. I threw a catch can in the mix for good measure but its essentially that. The passenger valve/rocker cover will continue to source clean air from the airbox, as it was intended from GM. So the system should function like stock, except the direction of flow of the drivers side rocker cover will be an OUT instead of an IN. Other GM engines have used this arrangement in the past so, in theory it may be just fine.

Some consideration was given to the orientation of the PCV valve as older designs which used an inline PCV in the horizontal alignment tend to get gummed up and don't "self clean", so I selected a vertical arrangement with a 90 end on it for this reason. I used a random hose clamp for now to hold the PCV while I order a suitable spring clamp. All the GM vacuum hose fittings were repurposed from their original parts. I think it came out okay.

IMG_3769.JPGIMG_3766.JPG IMG_3771.JPG IMG_3773.jpg

Last edited:

steve45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about this system, but I would ask why you can't simply drill and tap a hole in the intake manifold and put your PCV valve there?

I can't imagine running an engine without a PCV system, even lawnmower engines have them. The purpose of the valve is to prevent a backfire from getting into the crankcase, which could blow out the crankshaft seals and the dipstick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan