07+ CV axles on 2000-2006

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seadevil3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just inherited my father's 05 Yukon and I'm putting a three to three and a half inch lift on it and I need longer or better CV axles and angles I've read on other posts that 07 CV axles are longer and they will fit 2000 to 2005 Tahoe/Yukon for better angles and they're about a 1-1¹/⁴ longer. Has anyone done this or heard about it also? Or should I get 1in CV axles spacers. I will also be going with lifted upper control arms also.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just inherited my father's 05 Yukon and I'm putting a three to three and a half inch lift on it and I need longer or better CV axles and angles I've read on other posts that 07 CV axles are longer and they will fit 2000 to 2005 Tahoe/Yukon for better angles and they're about a 1-1¹/⁴ longer. Has anyone done this or heard about it also? Or should I get 1in CV axles spacers. I will also be going with lifted upper control arms also.
I have a 6.5" lift which uses spacers and a diff drop. Use the spacers. On the pickups, a 4 inch lift is better than 3".

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The longer cv axles from the 07+ will give you better cv angles than using a cv spacer will.

OP
OP
S

Seadevil3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So they are the same spline #'s and all. I'll order mine this weekend.

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes both are 33 spline 6 bolt everything is the same except compressed length is roughly 1.3-1.5 inches longer. lengths in both generations vary slightly depending on brands

outcast99

Reaction score
Cv spacers are garbage. Use the 07 axles and don’t look back

Reaction score
Seadevil...did you buy the 07 axles? how has it gone? I just ordered a set for my 2004....expected delivery tomorrow. I ordered the extended travel option from NAPA so that i'd have a little more droop travel given I have aftermarket Upper control arms.

OP
OP
S

Seadevil3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Couldn't be more happier with the 07+ cv axles. Fit right in and with my after market upper A arms I'm sitting at a 4in lift without any issues. I'm a mechanic but didn't know the new CV axles are the same just longer and with all the knowledge here on this sight, it really helped me out. Go for it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17