07-14 No Cabin Air Filter - is this correct?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the the type of tool I am referring to...

View attachment 255731

It uses blades like this...
View attachment 255732

Which can be rotated, or clocked, to varying angles in relation to the tool's body for getting into tight areas.

The blade just oscillates back and forth, it doesn't rotate like a normal dremel and cutoff wheel, you can even adjust the speed at which it oscillates.

I used it when I cut out some of the dash behind the HU when installing the Kenwood in the Burb... it works great and cuts through like butter.
Love my Porter Cable oscillating tool. Very handy tool to have and a large variety of blades depending on what you’re cutting.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Anything up in that area to damage?
Thinking is i have this little airsaw that might make quick work of the new hole.
however the blades are about 4in long.

And i have the kit on order. :cool:
I always hate going into Desert with the AC blasting and seeing all of the dust blowing in, some right up my nose... ;)

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Thinking is i have this little airsaw that might make quick work of the new hole.

I always hate going into Desert with the AC blasting and seeing all of the dust blowing in, some right up my nose... ;)

Nothing major to worry about... just the evaporator core... lol

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just put the tip in.. just the tip

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
My air filter kit is due to arrive any time now.
A good day early!
Decided might as well start the job
:Caffeine:

I managed to cut out the hole with a fresh razor blade, was not too hard.
Maybe 20min total so far.
The hardest part was getting that silly screw in by the center console, and then keeping the knife straight near the back of the opening.

My AC evaporator had a bit of dirt in there, looked like the type i was driving through a few weeks ago. :rolleyes:
Seems to be a good idea to install this thing!

I'm thinking i need get some no rinse type of cleaner ordered or something... :ehcapt:
Sure is nice having the evaporator core so accessible for cleaning. :)

Now the real question, reinstall the pita screw above the center console or leave it out?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My air filter kit is due to arrive any time now.
A good day early!
Decided might as well start the job
:Caffeine:

I managed to cut out the hole with a fresh razor blade, was not too hard.
Maybe 20min total so far.
The hardest part was getting that silly screw in by the center console, and then keeping the knife straight near the back of the opening.

My AC evaporator had a bit of dirt in there, looked like the type i was driving through a few weeks ago. :rolleyes:
Seems to be a good idea to install this thing!

I'm thinking i need get some no rinse type of cleaner ordered or something... :ehcapt:
Sure is nice having the evaporator core so accessible for cleaning. :)

Now the real question, reinstall the pita screw above the center console or leave it out?
Out...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia