07-14 No Cabin Air Filter - is this correct?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not yet unfortunately. With the virus sneaking around, my hours have been taking a beating at work. I make decent money, but with reduced income and paying such high rent.. saving is a little more difficult. I am being overly cautious with finances and making sure I retain my job before closing on a house. I feel like I'm in a lose/lose situation. I'm losing my ass paying almost $1800 for 900 sq/ft, but if I spend every last penny now on a down payment for a house...that could also be disastrous.

I just want life to go back to normal so I can have a house, AND finally make my hoe faster!!!!

I forgot to mention, I live near Boulder CO so houses are ******* ridiculous expensive!

Northern, VA isn’t any cheaper. Just sold my 2700 sq ft house in Loudoun County for $627K in 3 days. I’m taking the profit down to VA Beach where I can pay cash for a house.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
At higher fan speeds the cavitation gets knocked down by the filter. It does sound like less, but it’s mostly the sound getting isolated. Only a digi air flow meter would reveal any difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better Late Than Never! The Yukon is 13 yrs young and is just now getting this mod.

Installed a Dorman cabin air filter kit today, # 259-200, in about an hr. Like someone else mentioned, the hardest part is removing the inner most cover screw. I cut between the two ridges. Takes 3or4 passes. When going back together I used that inner most screw to hold the new door closed.
Replacement filters are: Dorman# 259-001 or ACDelco CF193C or GM 23101674 or Premium Guard PC9957
View media item 28176

Linderov

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Adding the cabin air filter is a smart move. My 2002 has it, but 2006 Chrysler 300C, not! My husband added it using parts we picked up on eBay. We had a big improvement in air quality and sig less dirt accumulation on the dash. Win!

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM had a service bulletin on this mod. But my dealer refused to do it under warranty. Then I forgot about it.

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did the mod. There were pine needles in the A/C evaporator, I pulled out most of them. Thinking about it.. it's too little too late. The heater core, and A/C evaporator are already loaded up with gunk. Filtering it 100,000 miles later... does a little air quality help, as there is no way to wash the core, & evaporator.

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it slow down air flow to the vents?
Edit. Nevermind. I see its not noticeable

Last edited:

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here's a question...are you guys doing the regular filter or spending the extra 10 bucks for the carbon filter? think im gonna do this before my road trip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons