07-14 No Cabin Air Filter - is this correct?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where the HVAC system actually draws the outside air in from? --What area of the truck.

The cowl of course, passenger side. We don't live in a dusty area on dirt roads with regularity. Changed the first filter out after a year and it was easily good for another year. First was Bosch, send ACDelco, third will be Purolator and all have had charcoal in them. We always do the Pontiac Montanas every other year and they have two.

Reaction score
I installed the retrofit kit on mine last year. I was expecting a lot of crap to fall out when I got the opening cut open and having to clean off the coil, but there was hardly anything and the coil looked pretty clean.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed the retrofit kit, supplied by Rock Auto, on my 07 Yukon XL Denali. The retrofit is not that difficult, and it works fine for me.

As stated above, the retrofit works better, if you have the right tools to cut out a rectangle of thick plastic, to make room for the insertion of the filter element. I used a Dremel with a cutting disc and a right-angle attachment for cutting through the two long sides of the rectangle. For the two short sides of the rectangle, particularly the side toward the front of the truck, I used a utility knife with a new blade, and this was the most difficult part of removing the plastic rectangle.

Good luck on your retrofit, if you choose to perform it.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
At 6’3” 250 it wasn’t a big deal just hanging out at the bottom of the open p/s door. I used a hacksaw blade and three blades in a utility knife. The less time you spend on this, the easier it is.

Buy a Dremel for this or get a look a like from China Freight. It will turn this in to a 20-30 job cutting through the ABS plastic.

Lastly, make sure you’ve got 2 or 3 1/4” drive socket extensions and a swivel fitting to get around the corners of one of the hardest to reach bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I haven't installed this cabin air filter kit yet but I am thinking of using a Dremel oscillating saw when I finally decide to order the kit... seems like it would work well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989