05 suburban 2500 driver door switch panel not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxdunker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
05 suburban I'm having an issue with my driver door. Window switch isn't working at all. No windows, locks, or mirror adjuster. Doesn't lock or unlock from the remote either

I know normally there's a broken wire in the door jam but all my wires are good. I checked them all last week and they all have continuity from the fuse block to the connector at the switch.

I haven't been able to find a good wiring diagram but I know I'm getting power and ground from the fuse block.

I do have power in the door to the speaker and to the mirror turn signal. (2500 tow mirrors with signal inside)

Today I got a new to me switch panel thinking the panel is bad but still no luck.

The only thing I recently did was replace the door lock actuator. Not sure if this could cause the issue but I did that about a month ago and it was working fine at first

Anyone able to help me out with this I would really appreciate it

Attachments

• received_617203690543449.jpeg
    received_617203690543449.jpeg
    219.2 KB · Views: 5

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a wiring diagram for a 2004 suburban on my office laptop. I can look tomorrow.

Maybe you got a bad switch replacement? It was used? It seems to me these switches act up if you leave the window open and then it rains. It's happened to me before more than once. You can pop the cover of the switch and clean the contacts.

OP
OP
xxdunker

xxdunker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a wiring diagram for a 2004 suburban on my office laptop. I can look tomorrow.

Maybe you got a bad switch replacement? It was used? It seems to me these switches act up if you leave the window open and then it rains. It's happened to me before more than once. You can pop the cover of the switch and clean the contacts.
I would appreciate it. Cleaned my original switch and didn't have any luck. Got the switch from a friend that pulled it out of a parts truck. Was working before he pulled it as far as he says.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dumb question: Have you checked your fuses? I think the switches are on different fuses than the turn signals. Note: I don't know for sure -- I don't have a wiring diagram, and I won't get out to my truck for a bit.

OP
OP
xxdunker

xxdunker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dumb question: Have you checked your fuses? I think the switches are on different fuses than the turn signals. Note: I don't know for sure -- I don't have a wiring diagram, and I won't get out to my truck for a bit.
Checked fuses last week. I plan on re-checking them again in case I missed that. But I don't think that's the issue I have power from the fuse block connector

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't quote me on this, but I've heard that some trucks need this switch programmed in order to work properly. Especially if you have power folding mirrors. Something to do with the fact that it's technically not just a switch, but it's actually a computer module (the actual name is the "Drivers Door Module" or DDM) and it needs to be properly programmed to the VIN any time it's replaced, or parts that connect to it such as a window motor or lock motor are replaced.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I heard a few years back when I was helping a friend upgrade his 03 to power folding mirrors.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A used DDM from a like-optioned similar year (in your case, probably '05-'06) should plug-n-play. If it's a new switch, it may need to be programmed.

Pics of both switches (the tops) side by side? Are the part numbers the same?

Last edited:
OP
OP
xxdunker

xxdunker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don't quote me on this, but I've heard that some trucks need this switch programmed in order to work properly. Especially if you have power folding mirrors. Something to do with the fact that it's technically not just a switch, but it's actually a computer module (the actual name is the "Drivers Door Module" or DDM) and it needs to be properly programmed to the VIN any time it's replaced, or parts that connect to it such as a window motor or lock motor are replaced.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I heard a few years back when I was helping a friend upgrade his 03 to power folding mirrors.
I've heard that as well but also if the part is from a truck with similar or the same options it should be plug and play. Worst case I used to be a GM tech so I can always go back and use a tech 2 or gds to program it

OP
OP
xxdunker

xxdunker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A used DDM from a like-optioned similar year (in your case, probably '05-'06) should plug-n-play. If it's a new switch, it may need to be programmed.

Pics of both switches (the tops) side by side? Are the part numbers the same?
Going to double check part numbers in the AM but I believe they should be the same. Donor part came out of an 04 suburban

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I added powerfold mirrors to my 03 using parts from different donor trucks. Never had to get anything programmed, everything was plug n play.
OP--If you have folding power mirrors that replacement mirror switch would be wrong, it won't work for you. But that would just affect your mirrors from folding nothing else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019