03 Yukon SLT 5.3 - 4L60E is fried - Best way to sell/dispose??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zdude

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for ideas on best way to part with this Yukon.
2WD Bought new in Feb 2003. 260k miles
4L60E started slipping badly in 3rd, so drove it around manually limited to 2nd gear for a week. Decided to drop the pan, replace filter, and put it 2 bottles of Lucas Trans and topped off with fresh ATF, to see if it might help. Now it can barely move. Would love to put a trans in it, but don't have the time or space right now, and I don't think it's worth paying a shop 3-5k to do it.
What's the best way to part with it? Tough to make a private sale in this basically non-drivable condition; FYI... Pull-A-Part will give me $515 and tow it away.
Any ideas?

Donal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for ideas on best way to part with this Yukon.
2WD Bought new in Feb 2003. 260k miles
4L60E started slipping badly in 3rd, so drove it around manually limited to 2nd gear for a week. Decided to drop the pan, replace filter, and put it 2 bottles of Lucas Trans and topped off with fresh ATF, to see if it might help. Now it can barely move. Would love to put a trans in it, but don't have the time or space right now, and I don't think it's worth paying a shop 3-5k to do it.
What's the best way to part with it? Tough to make a private sale in this basically non-drivable condition; FYI... Pull-A-Part will give me $515 and tow it away.
Any ideas?
Do you have a trailer or access to one. I am about 100 miles south of airport

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of folks would go for private sale if it's otherwise clean. Still won't get a lot for it, but someone would be willing to buy it and bring a trailer.

OP
OP
Z

zdude

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.
No, I don't have access to a trailer.
I let them come pick it up today. Hopefully it will provide some useful parts for others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richard A