03 hard shift 1-2 4l60

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BentleyArnage

Reaction score
No check engine light? How does it shift and drive in the other gears? Does it shift hard no matter how much throttle you give it or just at full throttle?
My Silverado has a hard 1-2 shift above approximately 60 percent throttle. It has a new transmission with less than 5000 miles on it. But it did it with the old transmission too. The tps maf all check out, so it's in the programming im guessing.
It's likely that the accumulator is suffering from a broken spring. I'll agree with the possibility of silicone in the relief hole at the pan gasket. I'm getting the same thing you're getting. I'm putting a Transgo HD-2 shift kit in the trans. I love them for towing and the converter lockup won't take a shit from the worn valve. Big chevy problem.

OP
OP
T

Timc9516

Reaction score
So I was doing some more research and apparently I have a 4l65e not a 4l60e. Does that change the diagnosis of a 1-2 accumulator

If not then is there a difference between the accumulator in the 4l60e and the one in a 4l65e

Last edited:

MOHAMMED AFANAH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hope somone knows the answer . hard shift from 1st to 2nd . only after driving the car for about 10 or 15 min . note that ive bought and installed 4L60E transmission rebuild kit . also bought a new valve body with new solenoids. and a new tps sensor and problem still exsists . i dont know where else to look now .

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 4l65e is just an upgraded 4l60e. Your 1-2 accumulator spring is busted in half. Stereotypical find of a 4L series transmission that has never been opened up. Possibly a check ball peened into its seat on the seperator plate also. Both are the norm of a worn tranny. Pull the pan to see the busted accumulator spring.

OP
OP
T

Timc9516

Reaction score
Hopefully I'll get a reply on this old thread

Well I went and ordered a new 1-2 accumulator from gm and the sonnax pinless accumulator. I got them in today and when I pushed the plastic piston out to install the new one I found the accumulator only came with the small spring. Every video I have watched on this shows 2 springs in the accumulator 1 small one and 1 big one that sits around the small one. Did I get ******* here or am I just watching the wrong videos? Any help would be appreciated I just want to make sure I have all my parts before I drop the pan

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully I'll get a reply on this old thread

Well I went and ordered a new 1-2 accumulator from gm and the sonnax pinless accumulator. I got them in today and when I pushed the plastic piston out to install the new one I found the accumulator only came with the small spring. Every video I have watched on this shows 2 springs in the accumulator 1 small one and 1 big one that sits around the small one. Did I get ******* here or am I just watching the wrong videos? Any help would be appreciated I just want to make sure I have all my parts before I drop the pan
Post a picture of what you have parts wise.

OP
OP
T

Timc9516

Reaction score
No instructions unfortunately. But I bought them separately so as far as the accumulator it should be what ever stock should be. I'm just not entirely sure what stock for an 04 yukon xl denali with the 4l65e is

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you ordered a whole new accumulator housing from GM and only got one spring? I would just order the big outer one if you are worried about harsh shifts. Me, id roll the dice and hope the one in my trans was ok. Then again i like solid shifts, so even if it was broken id probably just hit up a hardware store and look for a spring close in diameter. Just to keep tension on the piston not even really for cushion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staffie

Latest posts