02 Base for my son

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This weekend isn’t gonna be productive for the Esky either. Looks like I’m heading north to get some things done before the season is upon us. I have yard work to do, some wiring on trailer, gotta strip the deck off the other 2 place, I gotta go thru the bearings on the enclosed and on the boat trailer because it looks like I’m dragging the boat back home to get rid of it. I have a list of stuff to do and it’s gonna be a packed weekend considering I get off work at 11pm Friday night, I won’t get up there until 4:30am Saturday morning and I’m leaving to head back home Sunday around noon or one. Will just have to lose a night of sleep to get it done. Trying to talk my brother into going with me to help but he doesn’t want to go without sleep. Wussy!
8a40fac72fa6958f040643660f9e9cb8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get it!!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This weekend isn’t gonna be productive for the Esky either. Looks like I’m heading north to get some things done before the season is upon us. I have yard work to do, some wiring on trailer, gotta strip the deck off the other 2 place, I gotta go thru the bearings on the enclosed and on the boat trailer because it looks like I’m dragging the boat back home to get rid of it. I have a list of stuff to do and it’s gonna be a packed weekend considering I get off work at 11pm Friday night, I won’t get up there until 4:30am Saturday morning and I’m leaving to head back home Sunday around noon or one. Will just have to lose a night of sleep to get it done. Trying to talk my brother into going with me to help but he doesn’t want to go without sleep. Wussy!
8a40fac72fa6958f040643660f9e9cb8.jpg

My line is “when HELL freezes over, I’ll snowbaord there too!!” :D

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Just watch your ass Jim. I've almost fallen asleep plenty of times driving, being sleep deprived.
It’s definitely gonna suck but I’ll have plenty of coffee and what helps me is just getting out and walking for 10 minutes. It’s like I’m good for another 3 hrs after that. The drive goes by quick considering I’ve done it a million times. But I know, that’s when shit happens. I have too many that depend on me to slip up and do something dumb. But thanks for looking out bro. Appreciate that.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
It’s definitely gonna suck but I’ll have plenty of coffee and what helps me is just getting out and walking for 10 minutes. It’s like I’m good for another 3 hrs after that. The drive goes by quick considering I’ve done it a million times. But I know, that’s when shit happens. I have too many that depend on me to slip up and do something dumb. But thanks for looking out bro. Appreciate that.

I'd hate to hear something happen to you buddy.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Made it home safe and sound. Made it up there at 4:45am Saturday morning. Took a 2 1/2 hr nap and then started my day by mowing the yard. It’s a lot of grass so that took about 2 hrs.
c1a2d55b0ecea011b025b638ca922665.jpg
635ef3407bf186cf64cac644ea8bda3d.jpg
ce4cd142fb11e3105d660f459d583f2d.jpg
bc6d4e52b58b0572ea5af2cdeff24e80.jpg

Then I pulled the trailer around and had to unload the 2 dirt bikes, 2 go-karts and the Odyssey. Figured before I started rewiring the trailer I was gonna put up the storage tent that I brought up so I can store that stuff in instead of putting them back in the trailer and also it’s gonna be a good place to keep them this winter.
9072abf3d175da143bbf6ac6d03ac718.jpg
e3f76686410eed1f72d788b940e8d099.jpg

That took me close to 3 hrs without directions. I couldn’t remember how it was suppose to go together. But I got it. I put some extra deck railing down and then ripped the wood decking off my brothers trailer and put that on top of railing. Just to keep the bikes and karts off the ground. My brother is replacing his decking anyway. Stacked the stuff in there and still have plenty room. The plastic thing in pic is the salt shield for his trailer.
416e2354379b973eb73cbbf77479bc1b.jpg

I was sweating out more than I could drink but I had to keep going. I completely removed the wiring from trailer and started fresh with all new wiring. Installed LED interior lighting and replaced marker and tail lights with LED. I got the wiring all the way to the rear junction box and it was 1:45am and so I called it a day and showered made a frozen pizza and went to bed. That was the only thing I ate in over 36 hours and I drank almost a 12 pack of MGD so I was done for.
Woke up this morning at 7:30 and was sore. My neck and my back were beat but I kept going. Cleaned up my tools, wiring and mess from yesterday, did some dishes and laundry and said screw that wiring, I’ll finish it on Labor Day weekend. Pulled the trailer back around the house and parked it and finished straightening up, fired up the sleds to let run for a few minutes and gathered my stuff and left at 1pm. Got home at 6:30. At least I have a good jump on the winter. The sleds will get serviced when I go back with my brother in a few weeks for the holiday.
775cfe5eff95bebb9821000d4b49af78.jpg

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Here’s a picture of all the parts I need to put on yet.
cc6568d62aacd3ac8ab8db9d7ed660b8.jpg

Ran into another roadblock this week. Monday I’m at work and some nasty weather rolled on. Tornado alarms going off so we all took shelter in one of the buildings designated a storm shelter. Winds got to 75 MPH and we had multiple touchdowns reported. While I was sheltering with everyone at work I was worried about my wife out in her LLV delivering mail.i couldn’t reach her on her phone, it kept going to voicemail. Finally got ahold of her and she said a tree fell right in front of her in the roadway so she ran to the nearest house and asked the family if she could seek shelter with them. She was in their basement when I finally got in touch with her. My phone was going crazy with messages from my house alarm saying supervision fault and restore issues. Don’t know why it was freaking out like that. Then Jess calls me back just as we are getting the all clear to go back to work and she tells me the neighbor called and said our tree came down and hit the house!! I immediately left work and headed home.

Thankfully when I got home the tree missed the house and barely missed the Firebird parked in the driveway. But the entire driveway was blocked and I had no power.
55f7c785c8914717afb32a4ecd54435b.jpg

Spent the next 4 hours cleaning up the mess and cutting up the tree with the chainsaw. Then I pressure washed the driveway.
4da7f59983de2b25db4cbef9e126ae71.jpg

Had to take a county jail shower because my tankless water heater doesn’t work without power. Sorry, no pictures you perverts.
Tuesday morning I get up at 7 am to still no power and my fridge is starting to lose its coolness. So I called my buddy to borrow his generator. I go grab it and get it hooked up to my garage panel and turn off main and all the unnecessary breakers. Everything is going good, both refrigerators are going and we have basics like lights and fans to sleep comfortably. But I’m really working this 3500watt generator. About 1 pm we get an update that the power is going to be off until Saturday because some major equipment went out. Great!! I can’t run his generator for 5 days non stop. If anything happened to it i would have to replace it and I’d still not have a generator. So I decided to buy my own. Haha. Every generator is sold out in a 30 mile radius. I was looking at a 7000watt for $699 but I couldn’t get my hands on one.
I start searching craigslist and FB marketplace for something, anything just so I don’t ruin Ryan’s generator. So I came across a diesel 10k unit for $800. But it’s 1-1/2 hrs away.
06441369e055a8a903bd663951c921e2.jpg

His description says 5kw but it’s 10kw in rush 7kw running according to the manufacturer website. I had to look it up to see what they cost new.
9d0a6ee1d568a45b836d2b1942783223.jpg

Message the guy and he says he still has it and doesn’t get off work until 5. I told him I would take it and then called off work so I could go get it. The thing only had 3 hours of run time on it. Left at 4pm, got to his house at 5:20, loaded it up with his lift gate on his track and was back home by 6:40. Had to use my engine hoist to get it out of my truck. This thing has to weigh 450lbs.
4e84cffe0810e6943dee6e26c461a472.jpg

So I wire it up to my garage panel and shut off the other gen and fire this one up. Flip on the breaker and everything is great. Go in the house and start turning on other breakers but my microwave doesn’t come on. Open the door and the turntable starts turning really slowly. ??? Close the door and it stops. Fried the microwave! Damn it. Turn on living room breaker, no electronics work. 65” tv doesn’t come on, soundbar won’t power up, dish box lights up but bedroom tv says no communication to hopper. Shit! Then the water heater won’t power up. WTF! Took that apart and thankfully that was just a 3amp fuse. Replaced it and it worked. Turn the breaker on for the furnace and it starts buzzing something fierce. Start tracking that down because I’m gonna need my ac, it’s a damn blower motor. Not the inducer motor, the main squirrel cage blower for the whole house. Nobody has one in stock anywhere around me. It’s a high efficiency furnace and the motor is programmed for the ECM and it has a circuit board and capacitor built into the back of the motor. It’s getting late, I’ve been running all day so I said screw it I’ll deal with the blower in the morning.

Wednesday morning, wife wakes me up at 7:10 and tells me the fridge isn’t cold and all the food is ruined. Holy shit, I can’t catch a break. I have a new garage fridge that I just got the week before so my old garage fridge is still out in the garage. So I push that out in the driveway, give that a good hose down with the pressure washer, and clean the inside out really good. To get it in the house I had to take off the screen door closure and latch along with the main door. Get the fridge in and transfer whatever I could salvage and threw away 2 garbage bags of food. Get the bad fridge out of the house then put the door back on and the screen door crap. Had to run and get more diesel fuel so I also picked up a new microwave while I was out. Get that hooked up and I’m good. Go back to working on blower motor and realize it’s going on 12:30 and I need to get ready for work. I’m sweating, dirty and tired so I said screw it and told work I’m taking another day. Had to pull all the wiring that was in front of blower motor out along with cutting out 2 PVC pipes for the furnace exhaust.
908ee21bae48ce452a2d0e2125562fa0.jpg

Got the fan cage out finally.
eb0f611ae058a228fc018a4e97d41511.jpg

This motor is $700!!!!!!!! **** me running!! Had to order it. Then after I ordered it I see that I won’t get it until Tuesday. Oh shit, it’s gonna be high 90’s this weekend and the humidity is gonna be 90% so I need to see if I can get it sooner. Called the company out of Florida and they were closed. I was able to do a chat with a guy named Adam from there and what I had to do was cancel my order and reorder it and pick overnight delivery for another $84. Wtf right? I need that thing like now! But of course they hit your card and the money comes right out but refunding is another thing. So I have $1500 wrapped up into this motor until it refunds my original $738.
As I’m finishing up that ordeal Jess came home and tells me the fridge isn’t cold. I told her it was in the garage not plugged in so it’s gonna take time to get cold. It was getting cold but i guess it wasn’t fast enough to her liking so now she wants me to get the new fridge from the garage and bring into the house. Just give it time! No, she had to order new groceries and wants to make sure there’s a cold fridge to put them in. She’s crabby and on edge from working all day and coming home to a disaster of a house, I’m dead ass tired and dirty because I haven’t stopped in 2 days but instead of arguing, this is not a fight I wanna choose because neither of us will win in the end. So off comes the door and closure and all that shit again so i can get the new garage fridge in the house. It’s in, put the door back on and then she says this fridge isn’t that cold. What? I feel it and sure enough, it’s not. And it’s been plugged in. My beer is cool, but not cold. Wtf!! Must have spiked that fridge too being plugged in inside the garage. I’m not moving it out now. Use it for drinks or whatever but no way in hell I’m doing that again until I get a brand new fridge for the house and the door will come off one last time!!

This has been a total nightmare. She asked if i was going to work today, Thursday, and I said hell yeah I am, I need a break from this crap.
But I did get the dish receiver to work by hard resetting it. But tv in living room is shot, hoping it’s just the mother board and also Jacks 40” tv is not coming on. I’m about $2k in already without the 2 TVs and 2 fridges. So I’m almost tempted to make an insurance claim. The $800 for generator I won’t get back but I’ll talk to my guy after this is all over with.

Last edited:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s a picture of all the parts I need to put on yet.
cc6568d62aacd3ac8ab8db9d7ed660b8.jpg

Ran into another roadblock this week. Monday I’m at work and some nasty weather rolled on. Tornado alarms going off so we all took shelter in one of the buildings designated a storm shelter. Winds got to 75 MPH and we had multiple touchdowns reported. While I was sheltering with everyone at work I was worried about my wife out in her LLV delivering mail.i couldn’t reach her on her phone, it kept going to voicemail. Finally got ahold of her and she said a tree fell right in front of her in the roadway so she ran to the nearest house and asked the family if she could seek shelter with them. She was in their basement when I finally got in touch with her. My phone was going crazy with messages from my house alarm saying supervision fault and restore issues. Don’t know why it was freaking out like that. Then Jess calls me back just as we are getting the all clear to go back to work and she tells me the neighbor called and said our tree came down and hit the house!! I immediately left work and headed home.

Thankfully when I got home the tree missed the house and barely missed the Firebird parked in the driveway. But the entire driveway was blocked and I had no power.
55f7c785c8914717afb32a4ecd54435b.jpg

Spent the next 4 hours cleaning up the mess and cutting up the tree with the chainsaw. Then I pressure washed the driveway.
4da7f59983de2b25db4cbef9e126ae71.jpg

Had to take a county jail shower because my tankless water heater doesn’t work without power. Sorry, no pictures you perverts.
Tuesday morning I get up at 7 am to still no power and my fridge is staring to lose its coolness. So I called my buddy to borrow his generator. I go grab it and get it hooked up to my garage panel and turn off main and all the unnecessary breakers. Everything is going good, both refrigerators are going and we have basics like lights and fans to sleep comfortably. But I’m really working this 3500watt generator. About 1 pm we get an update that the power is going to be off until Saturday because some major equipment went out. Great!! I can’t run his generator for 5 days non stop. If anything happened to it i would have to replace it and I’d still not have a generator. So I decided to buy my own. Haha. Every generator is sold out in a 30 mile radius. I was looking at a 7000watt for $699 but I couldn’t get my hands on one.
I start searching craigslist and FB marketplace for something, anything just so I don’t ruin Ryan’s generator. So I came across a diesel 10k unit for $800. But it’s 1-1/2 hrs away.
06441369e055a8a903bd663951c921e2.jpg

His description says 5kw but it’s 10kw in rush 7kw running according to the manufacturer website. I had to look it up to see what they cost new.
9d0a6ee1d568a45b836d2b1942783223.jpg

Message the guy and he says he still has it and doesn’t get off work until 5. I told him I would take it and then called off work so I could go get it. The thing only had 3 hours of run time on it. Left at 4pm, got to his house at 5:20, loaded it up with his lift gate on his track and was back home by 6:40. Had to use my engine hoist to get it out of my truck. This thing has to weigh 450lbs.
4e84cffe0810e6943dee6e26c461a472.jpg

So I wire it up to my garage panel and shut off the other gen and fire this one up. Flip on the breaker and everything is great. Go in the house and start turning on other breakers but my microwave doesn’t come on. Open the door and the turntable starts turning really slowly. ??? Close the door and it stops. Fried the microwave! Damn it. Turn on living room breaker, no electronics work. 65” tv doesn’t come on, soundbar won’t power up, dish box lights up but bedroom tv says no communication to hopper. Shit! Then the water heater won’t power up. WTF! Took that apart and thankfully that was just a 3amp fuse. Replaced it and it worked. Turn the breaker on for the furnace and it starts buzzing something fierce. Start tracking that down because I’m gonna need my ac, it’s a damn blower motor. Not the inducer motor, the main squirrel cage blower for the whole house. Nobody has one in stock anywhere around me. It’s a high efficiency furnace and the motor is programmed for the ECM and it has a circuit board and capacitor built into the back of the motor. It’s getting late, I’ve been running all day so I said screw it I’ll deal with the blower in the morning.

Wednesday morning, wife wakes me up at 7:10 and tells me the fridge isn’t cold and all the food is ruined. Holy shit, I can’t catch a break. I have a new garage fridge that I just got the week before so my old garage fridge is still out in the garage. So I push that out in the driveway, give that a good hose down with the pressure washer, and clean the inside out really good. To get it in the house I had to take off the screen door closure and latch along with the main door. Get the fridge in and transfer whatever I could salvage and threw away 2 garbage bags of food. Get the bad fridge out of the house then put the door back on and the screen door crap. Had to run and get more diesel fuel so I also picked up a new microwave while I was out. Get that hooked up and I’m good. Go back to working on blower motor and realize it’s going on 12:30 and I need to get ready for work. I’m sweating, dirty and tired so I said screw it and told work I’m taking another day. Had to pull all the wiring that was in front of blower motor out along with cutting out 2 PVC pipes for the furnace exhaust.
908ee21bae48ce452a2d0e2125562fa0.jpg

Got the fan cage out finally.
eb0f611ae058a228fc018a4e97d41511.jpg

This motor is $700!!!!!!!! **** me running!! Had to order it. Then after I ordered it I see that I won’t get it until Tuesday. Oh shit, it’s gonna be high 90’s this weekend and the humidity is gonna be 90% so I need to see if I can get it sooner. Called the company out of Florida and they were closed. I was able to do a chat with a guy named Adam from there and what I had to do was cancel my order and reorder it and pick overnight delivery for another $84. Wtf right? I need that thing like now! But of course they hit your card and the money comes right out but refunding is another thing. So I have $1500 wrapped up into this motor until it refunds my original $738.
As I’m finishing up that ordeal Jess came home and tells me the fridge isn’t cold. I told her it was in the garage not plugged in so it’s gonna take time to get cold. It was getting cold but i guess it wasn’t fast enough to her liking so now she wants me to get the new fridge from the garage and bring into the house. Just give it time! No, she had to order new groceries and wants to make sure there’s a cold fridge to put them in. She’s crabby and on edge from working all day and coming home to a disaster of a house, I’m dead ass tired and dirty because I haven’t stopped in 2 days but instead of arguing, this is not a fight I wanna choose because neither of us will win in the end. So off comes the door and closure and all that shit again so i can get the new garage fridge in the house. It’s in, put the door back on and then she says this fridge isn’t that cold. What? I feel it and sure enough, it’s not. And it’s been plugged in. My beer is cool, but not cold. Wtf!! Must have spiked that fridge too being plugged in inside the garage. I’m not moving it out now. Use it for drinks or whatever but no way in hell I’m doing that again until I get a brand new fridge for the house and the door will come off one last time!!

This has been a total nightmare. She asked if i was going to work today, Thursday, and I said hell yeah I am, I need a break from this crap.
But I did get the dish receiver to work by hard resetting it. But tv in living room is shot, hoping it’s just the mother board and also Jacks 40” tv is not coming on. I’m about $2k in already without the 2 TVs and 2 fridges. So I’m almost tempted to make an insurance claim. The $800 for generator I won’t get back but I’ll talk to my guy after this is all over with.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Sorry man. That’s some 100% ******** right there! Holy crap. I’m. So sorry you’re having to deal with all that. Best of luck and prayers to you and your family.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
WOW!! My power was out 5 days, so I feel your pain on that! But talk about bad luck!! So the power surge of the generator kicking in killed all those electronics? Thankfully you're smart enough to know shat to do. When did the power finally go on? We also had to throw out alot of food. That sucked ass!
I think if it was me, I'd make a claim on my homeowner's. What's the point in having it? Especially if you've never made a claim before? I'm really sorry buddy--just think it def could've been much worse! 2020 has been an ******* to EVERYONE!! Hoping 2021 is much better.