02 Base for my son

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is how mine sits too. Unfortunately, the wiper sitting on the damn paint has created a nice mark in it... seriously considering deleting mine, but that damn mark on the paint is gonna drive me nuts.

Mine doesn't sit on the paint, there's a bit of a gap when it's parked. Could it be the style of blade on yours, not that there is a lot of choice for these rear ones.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh yeah, and that makes sense. I remember now. I see @Snowbound ‘s wiper blade just isn’t sitting on it. Like I said I was going from memory which at my age isn’t good at all. :mad:

Well, and you removed yours so nothing to go on but memory there. I had to go out and look at mine since I didn't remember what it looks like.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Oh yeah, and that makes sense. I remember now. I see @Snowbound ‘s wiper blade just isn’t sitting on it. Like I said I was going from memory which at my age isn’t good at all. :mad:
Mine is sitting exactly like Fless. Just the angle looks different. If you flip it over it’s not smooth plastic it’s hollow with support bracing. Wiper sits below glass so you can open it, and mine sits away from lift gate so no marks from wiper on paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Parts have been coming in. I got my new calipers with brackets, stainless brake line set, new brake hoses from center of rear axle to hard line and also both caliper hoses on rear. New backing plates are in, I went with the solid ones as oppose to the 2 piece units only because I read some horror stories. I got new axle seals and bearing, just because I’m gonna be there, new driveshaft u-joints for front and rear, new parking brakes, all the hardware with adjusters. Couple other parts too but I can’t remember at the moment. And Jack will be helping me do all the work so I’ll make sure I get pics of that.
2dafe85a0129ac13041647b3392772e7.jpg
718c6a28c1386ae6eeabd4929ec223a1.jpg
a46560f989035144c3ea1084b978d227.jpg

I blasted the brackets in the sandblast cabinet but I only hand sanded the calipers before slapping on some caliper paint. Came out pretty good.
0d9841698a350312df7cc3c47d4fd366.jpg
f84ed23db3eb23316f54e5db7115ca7d.jpg
90f9f75e699eb55305f1daf073189ec7.jpg
a4020ef119257edf9834abebff973801.jpg

Probably won’t get to it this weekend, I have a laundry list of things I need to get done on the house. I also have to go look at a 2012 Nissan Juke with a turbo. Owner is selling it because it needs some work and I think I can get it cheap enough to flip it for some cash. Only has 68k miles and I know it needs front brakes and tires for sure. Has a check engine light on but it’s probably evap related so that isn’t too bad. I have little to no time for anything due to trying to get my parents out of their house and my house ready to put on market before the bottom drops out and I don’t make as much on it. I’m only one person and I’m running on empty most days. But stay tuned, I’m like a shark, if I stop moving I’ll probably die.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Parts have been coming in. I got my new calipers with brackets, stainless brake line set, new brake hoses from center of rear axle to hard line and also both caliper hoses on rear. New backing plates are in, I went with the solid ones as oppose to the 2 piece units only because I read some horror stories. I got new axle seals and bearing, just because I’m gonna be there, new driveshaft u-joints for front and rear, new parking brakes, all the hardware with adjusters. Couple other parts too but I can’t remember at the moment. And Jack will be helping me do all the work so I’ll make sure I get pics of that.
2dafe85a0129ac13041647b3392772e7.jpg
718c6a28c1386ae6eeabd4929ec223a1.jpg
a46560f989035144c3ea1084b978d227.jpg

I blasted the brackets in the sandblast cabinet but I only hand sanded the calipers before slapping on some caliper paint. Came out pretty good.
0d9841698a350312df7cc3c47d4fd366.jpg
f84ed23db3eb23316f54e5db7115ca7d.jpg
90f9f75e699eb55305f1daf073189ec7.jpg
a4020ef119257edf9834abebff973801.jpg

Probably won’t get to it this weekend, I have a laundry list of things I need to get done on the house. I also have to go look at a 2012 Nissan Juke with a turbo. Owner is selling it because it needs some work and I think I can get it cheap enough to flip it for some cash. Only has 68k miles and I know it needs front brakes and tires for sure. Has a check engine light on but it’s probably evap related so that isn’t too bad. I have little to no time for anything due to trying to get my parents out of their house and my house ready to put on market before the bottom drops out and I don’t make as much on it. I’m only one person and I’m running on empty most days. But stay tuned, I’m like a shark, if I stop moving I’ll probably die.

Talk about a full plate!

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
My truck will be “going under the knife” here very soon too. My friends call it “the beast”. I call it my mule because it doesn’t complain about anything I strap behind it and pulls awesome. I could write 200 pages of the things I’ve done to this thing. I bought it with the intention of pulling the drivetrain for another project but I’m glad I never did. Day it came home I parked it in the driveway and ordered $8,000 worth of parts for it. Had a custom big air kit made for it, a custom y-bridge for the intake, 2” stainless up pipes, 3” down pipe, 4” straight pipe exhaust with an 8” tip. I put so much work into it and had it tuned by the best in the business, an original tester for EFILIVE who goes by BoBo (Bob Olsen). I can run on a 550hp tune all day and it has more in it but my trans goes into limp mode if I stay in it past 4th gear.
cd7a4a8bbdb62c70e5996456cc0f0c9e.jpg

I can take it to 700hp on the fuel system I have on it but there’s no way the trans will hold it. So after talking to a guy at ATS for a few months, I finally decided to pull the trigger. Getting a stage 5 trans built that is warrantied to hold 1200hp and 1800ft/lbs or torque. Matched that to a triple disk billet convertor and I should be set.
ed337bfd26b5255123e299a2baf370e1.jpg
16b6e6bfa8df891bca6fb6b039220b95.jpg

So they are building the trans for me now and when I get it, I’m gonna pull my engine and trans so I can replace some seals, install some grade C head gaskets and ARP studs and then the turbo is getting a ported and polished and a new compressor wheel installed. I was told 900-1000 is what the rotating assembly is good to but high gas temps will crack a piston so I’m not sure if I wanna change pistons or just keep the tune conservative. I’m already looking at $10k without tearing into the engine. But I can’t wait to get er back together. I have to swap out the bed due to rust above the wheel wells but I call that my Midwest weight reduction. I almost just said screw it and bought a newer truck but then I’d be starting all over again and I already know what I have. I can’t wait!!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My truck will be “going under the knife” here very soon too. My friends call it “the beast”. I call it my mule because it doesn’t complain about anything I strap behind it and pulls awesome. I could write 200 pages of the things I’ve done to this thing. I bought it with the intention of pulling the drivetrain for another project but I’m glad I never did. Day it came home I parked it in the driveway and ordered $8,000 worth of parts for it. Had a custom big air kit made for it, a custom y-bridge for the intake, 2” stainless up pipes, 3” down pipe, 4” straight pipe exhaust with an 8” tip. I put so much work into it and had it tuned by the best in the business, an original tester for EFILIVE who goes by BoBo (Bob Olsen). I can run on a 550hp tune all day and it has more in it but my trans goes into limp mode if I stay in it past 4th gear.

I can take it to 700hp on the fuel system I have on it but there’s no way the trans will hold it. So after talking to a guy at ATS for a few months, I finally decided to pull the trigger. Getting a stage 5 trans built that is warrantied to hold 1200hp and 1800ft/lbs or torque. Matched that to a triple disk billet convertor and I should be set.

So they are building the trans for me now and when I get it, I’m gonna pull my engine and trans so I can replace some seals, install some grade C head gaskets and ARP studs and then the turbo is getting a ported and polished and a new compressor wheel installed. I was told 900-1000 is what the rotating assembly is good to but high gas temps will crack a piston so I’m not sure if I wanna change pistons or just keep the tune conservative. I’m already looking at $10k without tearing into the engine. But I can’t wait to get er back together. I have to swap out the bed due to rust above the wheel wells but I call that my Midwest weight reduction. I almost just said screw it and bought a newer truck but then I’d be starting all over again and I already know what I have. I can’t wait!!

Sounds like a real beast!

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
This weekend isn’t gonna be productive for the Esky either. Looks like I’m heading north to get some things done before the season is upon us. I have yard work to do, some wiring on trailer, gotta strip the deck off the other 2 place, I gotta go thru the bearings on the enclosed and on the boat trailer because it looks like I’m dragging the boat back home to get rid of it. I have a list of stuff to do and it’s gonna be a packed weekend considering I get off work at 11pm Friday night, I won’t get up there until 4:30am Saturday morning and I’m leaving to head back home Sunday around noon or one. Will just have to lose a night of sleep to get it done. Trying to talk my brother into going with me to help but he doesn’t want to go without sleep. Wussy!
8a40fac72fa6958f040643660f9e9cb8.jpg

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hell yeah brother! [emoji106][emoji631]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442