01 5.3 P0300 after changing plugs/wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheEnder53

Reaction score
Hello all,

I replaced the plugs/wires on my 5.3 as it was stumbling sometimes at idle with the AC on. After replacing the plugs, with AC Delcos, and with new plug wires, i am getting a P0300 that will not go away.

The old plugs were severely worn with the middle electrode almost completely gone. Any help?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I replaced the plugs/wires on my 5.3 as it was stumbling sometimes at idle with the AC on. After replacing the plugs, with AC Delcos, and with new plug wires, i am getting a P0300 that will not go away.

The old plugs were severely worn with the middle electrode almost completely gone. Any help?
double check your work, where were the plugs sourced from? there are tons of fake acdelco's on the market which can be a issue

OP
OP
T

TheEnder53

Reaction score
Apologies for lack of response, had to deal with some family issues.

The truck was running fine before. After some more diagnosing i fixed it. The plugs i put in were not good and once i dropped in some (dealer) sourced AC Delcos the engine immediately started to run better than it did when i bought it. So smooth you can’t tell its on now.

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck was running fine before. After some more diagnosing i fixed it. The plugs i put in were not good and once i dropped in some (dealer) sourced AC Delcos the engine immediately started to run better than it did when i bought it. So smooth you can’t tell its on now.

Where did you get the first set of ac delco plugs from?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16