01” Xl cruise lights up but not engage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
When I turn on the cruise the only light that comes on is the green cruise light in the instrument cluster panel.. Don't recall seeing a amber light on a cruise module, switch is on the column built in with turn signals.

I think yours only has the green on the dash.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
So far I have only identified 1 fuse for Cruise in the fuse box driver side dash panel.

Just trying to think of the easy stuff here. The circuits can be weird, e.g. The OBD2 port is on with the cig lighter... The cruise is tied into the brake circuit also in one way or another...

OP
OP
CleverNDGuy

CleverNDGuy

Reaction score
Yes that's a weird one my F150 took me through that Obd /cigarette lighter loop last year. That was quite a learning experience. Tomorrow I will check the relay panel under the hood.
Just trying to think of the easy stuff here. The circuits can be weird, e.g. The OBD2 port is on with the cig lighter... The cruise is tied into the brake circuit also in one way or another...

OP
OP
CleverNDGuy

CleverNDGuy

Reaction score
No new discoveries. So time to let the pros deal with it. That will be 1st week of December. I'm flying to St Louis Monday on a 2 month work detail.
Once again thanks for all the feedback guys!

OP
OP
CleverNDGuy

CleverNDGuy

Reaction score
I will give it a look by Saturday
Have you checked the throttle body cable linkage under the hood? On the 2001's, the cruise control triggers a separate cable that pulls on the throttle just like the gas pedal throttle cable.

OP
OP
CleverNDGuy

CleverNDGuy

Reaction score
Damit ScottyBoy!! It was The Freakin Cruise Cable That Attached To THe throttle Cable bracket Thingy Majigger.....unbelievable Lol
I'm cruisin!!!!!
Have you checked the throttle body cable linkage under the hood? On the 2001's, the cruise control triggers a separate cable that pulls on the throttle just like the gas pedal throttle cable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts