HELP - Rear taillights/back up lights flashing PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John177

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone - I recently purchased a 2014 Tahoe PPV. The rear taillights and back up lights start flashing randomly. They come on when I hit a bump while driving so I need to find a solution before I get pulled over and ticketed. The only way I've been able to turn them on and off is by slamming the rear door. I've read through some similar posts on here, but was unable to find a solution. I've searched around under the dash, have pulled relays and fuses all to no avail. It has become worse since I bought it last week. Maybe a loose connection or ground? Thanks for the help!

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the wiring around the rear taillights for something that looks like this... it's a whelen strobe module... if you find it just remove it... when they decommissioned your truck they probably cut the signal wire to it and its shorting out and triggering the module to strobe...

ssffp16.jpg

OP
OP
John177

John177

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. I work full time and go to school full time. Not much time to play around with projects. I just drove around with the strobes on for 2 weeks. Didn't get pulled over! Lol. It was loose wires inside the rear wheel well on the drivers side. When I hit a bump the bare wires would hit metal and trigger the strobes. Slamming the rear door would turn them off after I arrived at my destination. I didn't find the strobe module, although it looks like it might be up above the BCM in the dash. I would've had to take the bottom half of the dash off to access it to be sure. Thanks for the help though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts