Electric seems to not "wake up"...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pearl2006

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Please excuse my lack of better words while I describe my problem with my truck.

I have a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali XL. I cant use my key fob to unlock my doors... I've tried changing battery that's not it and it still works... Let me explain this weird issue. When I lock the truck with my key fob and it beeps I know my truck is locked, then the lights in the interior go dim as normal. But after that happens my fob is no longer useful to me. I have been locked out of my truck numerous times. If I want to get back in I have to "wake it back up". The only way to do that is by pushing the lock on the inside manually... at that time the interior lights will come on letting me know the truck is awake and now I can use my key fob again. So if I go anywhere and want to lock my vehicle I have to leave my window cracked so that I can stick my hand inside, hit the lock button to wake her up and unlock my vehicle with my key fob. I cannot unlock it by hitting the unlock button with my fingers through the window it won't let me. I can only wake it up and unlock it with my key fob. I cannot use my key because it is unattached to the lock on the side of my door so the key is out of the question at the moment. If I accidentally lock it with my fob and hurry up and unlock it before those lights time off it will unlock and I'm safe. I hate doing this. I know your thinking just fix the lock but why the heck is this happening. Every time I explain this to a mechanic they think I'm crazy. I checked my fuses and they all are good. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
You're crazy! Lol

How long have you had this vehicle? It sounds like maybe there was once an aftermarket alarm system on it and something got screwed up when it was removed, maybe?

Does the drivers power door lock/unlock switch work when the truck is "awake", like before you get out?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just out of curiosity have you tried putting a fresh battery in the fob?, also if you lock the truck with the fob and then quickly unlock with the fob does it unlock?. reason I ask beside the battery being possibly low is maybe the unlock button is not working on the fob anymore?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Please excuse my lack of better words while I describe my problem with my truck.

I have a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali XL. I cant use my key fob to unlock my doors... I've tried changing battery that's not it and it still works... Let me explain this weird issue. When I lock the truck with my key fob and it beeps I know my truck is locked, then the lights in the interior go dim as normal. But after that happens my fob is no longer useful to me. I have been locked out of my truck numerous times. If I want to get back in I have to "wake it back up". The only way to do that is by pushing the lock on the inside manually... at that time the interior lights will come on letting me know the truck is awake and now I can use my key fob again. So if I go anywhere and want to lock my vehicle I have to leave my window cracked so that I can stick my hand inside, hit the lock button to wake her up and unlock my vehicle with my key fob. I cannot unlock it by hitting the unlock button with my fingers through the window it won't let me. I can only wake it up and unlock it with my key fob. I cannot use my key because it is unattached to the lock on the side of my door so the key is out of the question at the moment. If I accidentally lock it with my fob and hurry up and unlock it before those lights time off it will unlock and I'm safe. I hate doing this. I know your thinking just fix the lock but why the heck is this happening. Every time I explain this to a mechanic they think I'm crazy. I checked my fuses and they all are good. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

You need to take the truck to a GM dealer and have them update the software in the RCDLR (remote control door lock receiver).... there is a TSB (technical service bulletin) specifically for this issue... you have to remember that 2007 was the first year for this body style and they hadn't worked out all the bugs.

I think this is the TSB but there may be a newer one...
TSB #PIC3764N - (10/11/2006) Document ID# 1866294

Maybe someone else can find a newer version but that should get you going in the right direction at the dealer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pearl2006

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You're crazy! Lol

How long have you had this vehicle? It sounds like maybe there was once an aftermarket alarm system on it and something got screwed up when it was removed, maybe?

Does the drivers power door lock/unlock switch work when the truck is "awake", like before you get out?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

I've had the truck for 3 years. Everything worked as it should have up until a few months ago. I did put fresh battery in fob. I can lock and unlock it when truck is awake just fine. Fob works, interior works...

I don't know about after market alarm, it seems pretty basic and boring normal beeps horn alarm.

OP
OP
P

pearl2006

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just out of curiosity have you tried putting a fresh battery in the fob?, also if you lock the truck with the fob and then quickly unlock with the fob does it unlock?. reason I ask beside the battery being possibly low is maybe the unlock button is not working on the fob anymore?

Yup fresh battery. Yes it will lock and unlock up until you lock it and the lights time off.

OP
OP
P

pearl2006

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You need to take the truck to a GM dealer and have them update the software in the RCDLR (remote control door lock receiver).... there is a TSB (technical service bulletin) specifically for this issue... you have to remember that 2007 was the first year for this body style and they hadn't worked out all the bugs.

I think this is the TSB but there may be a newer one...
TSB #PIC3764N - (10/11/2006) Document ID# 1866294

Maybe someone else can find a newer version but that should get you going in the right direction at the dealer.

Oh wow thanks! I will take it to them. I'm on such a strict budget and was hoping it was just something dumb and simple.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you know which one? I just googled that but not sure what exactly to look up. Thanks for the reply.
Keyless entry module, but I'm just guessing that it could be the problem, looks like they run about $130 and may require programming, might be wise to have a diagnostic done before just dropping money on one could be something else, bcm, driver's door lock module, maybe even a bad connection somewhere. But the module would be my first suspect if the fob works fine. Have you tried rolling down the windows and lock it, let it sleep then listen for any clicking noise inside when you try to use the fob to unlock it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tttterrrr