Electric seems to not "wake up"...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ken could be right, it could simply be a glitch in the calibration software, the dealer can flash it probably run you about $130 roughly

Bobio2003

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Please excuse my lack of better words while I describe my problem with my truck.

I have a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali XL. I cant use my key fob to unlock my doors... I've tried changing battery that's not it and it still works... Let me explain this weird issue. When I lock the truck with my key fob and it beeps I know my truck is locked, then the lights in the interior go dim as normal. But after that happens my fob is no longer useful to me. I have been locked out of my truck numerous times. If I want to get back in I have to "wake it back up". The only way to do that is by pushing the lock on the inside manually... at that time the interior lights will come on letting me know the truck is awake and now I can use my key fob again. So if I go anywhere and want to lock my vehicle I have to leave my window cracked so that I can stick my hand inside, hit the lock button to wake her up and unlock my vehicle with my key fob. I cannot unlock it by hitting the unlock button with my fingers through the window it won't let me. I can only wake it up and unlock it with my key fob. I cannot use my key because it is unattached to the lock on the side of my door so the key is out of the question at the moment. If I accidentally lock it with my fob and hurry up and unlock it before those lights time off it will unlock and I'm safe. I hate doing this. I know your thinking just fix the lock but why the heck is this happening. Every time I explain this to a mechanic they think I'm crazy. I checked my fuses and they all are good. Any tips are greatly appreciated.
Go through the procedure in your owners manual to re-calibrate the key fob. If you don't have an owners manual, you can download one from GM or several other sources.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Go through the procedure in your owners manual to re-calibrate the key fob. If you don't have an owners manual, you can download one from GM or several other sources.

I know how to reprogram them BUT... never heard of "recalibrating" a key fob.

Tell us more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts