Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I don't see how a tune could be wiped out tho. Just doesn't make sense. To have a tune done, especially by BB, then to have it wiped out every time the battery had to be disconnected for work, just doesn't make sense to me. If it got wiped out, I'd think it wouldn't run at all, stock tune neither. It would be a huge waste of money for everyone who's ever gotten a tune before.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see how a tune could be wiped out tho. Just doesn't make sense. To have a tune done, especially by BB, then to have it wiped out every time the battery had to be disconnected for work, just doesn't make sense to me. If it got wiped out, I'd think it wouldn't run at all, stock tune neither. It would be a huge waste of money for everyone who's ever gotten a tune before.
Yeah I've never heard that disconnecting a battery does anything to the ECM except possibly delete stored DTC's. I seriously doubt your tune has been affected. If anything I'd suspect the one thing that you know has changed- the trans.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yeah I've never heard that disconnecting a battery does anything to the ECM except possibly delete stored DTC's. I seriously doubt your tune has been affected. If anything I'd suspect the one thing that you know has changed- the trans.
That's also what I suspect. But you'd think it would be better, going from the old trans to the new one. Think the new trans needs to be reprogrammed? I wouldn't think it would but it can't hurt to ask. What's your opinion Red?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's also what I suspect. But you'd think it would be better, going from the old trans to the new one. Think the new trans needs to be reprogrammed? I wouldn't think it would but it can't hurt to ask. What's your opinion Red?
I'm no expert and I've read contradictory info regarding the idea that there's programming (tables) that gets stored in the PCM that affects the trans, that as components wear the programming adjusts to compensate until it's no longer able to. I believe it's possible and if that's the case, as your old trans was going downhill the PCM trans tables were adjusted to compensate. I've also read that these tables get rewritten but Ive never heard how long it takes. I've also heard other people saying that's all a bunch of shit. I'd ask your trans guy, seems he should know. Unless you cussed him out and can't talk to him anymore either. :signs8:

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
If the battey was discontinued I think the computer would have to do some kind of relearn. Give a a few days. I have had my battery disconnected a few times and it has not affected the tune. But I would assume you would have to adjust your tune for the new in wore tranny.
I would ask BB.

Or the guy really didn't do a good job on the tranny. But I cant see that.
Hope you get it figured out before you have to cuss at the tranny guy. Hahahahaha

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm no expert and I've read contradictory info regarding the idea that there's programming (tables) that gets stored in the PCM that affects the trans, that as components wear the programming adjusts to compensate until it's no longer able to. I believe it's possible and if that's the case, as your old trans was going downhill the PCM trans tables were adjusted to compensate. I've also read that these tables get rewritten but Ive never heard how long it takes. I've also heard other people saying that's all a bunch of shit. I'd ask your trans guy, seems he should know. Unless you cussed him out and can't talk to him anymore either. :signs8:
I cuss out everybody who's a douchebag and try to get over on me! Hopefully I won't have to cuss out the trans guy. It did cost us $1500! Maybe not the full price, but it wasn't peanuts either. This Hoe is giving me fits, besides the trans. Getting gas today, I popped the hood, I wanted to check the fluids out, plus my gf has been smelling something burning. IMAG2547.jpg
Look at the idler pulley--there is none! It's just a nub, and it was chewing up the belt. You can see all the rubber on the head, water pump etc. So I get some replacement parts--but--they give me the idler pulley instead of the tensioned pulley and a belt for a 105 amp alternator after I told them I had the 160 amp alternator. So it's too small. So I had to go back and get, what I thought we're the right parts. I get the correct tensioned pulley and the new belt was still too small! WTF!!! So I try to put on the old, chewed up belt, and guess what? Now that's too small! WTF X2!!!! There was a gm belt on there with a part #, so I'm just gonna go to the stealership tomorrow and try to get something a little bigger then the old belt. I'm truly baffled. Maybe with the new alternator(I did it to the 4.8 and my buddy swapped it over to the 6.0)it was so tight that it's the reason the old idler pulley got destroyed. IMAG2549.jpg
The old pulley is just a nub!!

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cuss out everybody who's a douchebag and try to get over on me! Hopefully I won't have to cuss out the trans guy. It did cost us $1500! Maybe not the full price, but it wasn't peanuts either. This Hoe is giving me fits, besides the trans. Getting gas today, I popped the hood, I wanted to check the fluids out, plus my gf has been smelling something burning. View attachment 84261
Look at the idler pulley--there is none! It's just a nub, and it was chewing up the belt. You can see all the rubber on the head, water pump etc. So I get some replacement parts--but--they give me the idler pulley instead of the tensioned pulley and a belt for a 105 amp alternator after I told them I had the 160 amp alternator. So it's too small. So I had to go back and get, what I thought we're the right parts. I get the correct tensioned pulley and the new belt was still too small! WTF!!! So I try to put on the old, chewed up belt, and guess what? Now that's too small! WTF X2!!!! There was a gm belt on there with a part #, so I'm just gonna go to the stealership tomorrow and try to get something a little bigger then the old belt. I'm truly baffled. Maybe with the new alternator(I did it to the 4.8 and my buddy swapped it over to the 6.0)it was so tight that it's the reason the old idler pulley got destroyed. View attachment 84262
The old pulley is just a nub!!

See if they got an alternator off a 6.0 and if it's the same as yours might be a slight difference in them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I wonder where the old idler pulley went? Idler pulley elves hit again.
I guess it just got eaten up.
I wanna see the new headlight bulbs at night
Here you go buddy. I just took them. IMAG2550.jpg IMAG2551.jpg
Here's an extreme close up. IMAG2552.jpgThe light is nice and white. I think it looks a little yellow in the last pic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts