Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I cuss out everybody who's a douchebag and try to get over on me! Hopefully I won't have to cuss out the trans guy. It did cost us $1500! Maybe not the full price, but it wasn't peanuts either. This Hoe is giving me fits, besides the trans. Getting gas today, I popped the hood, I wanted to check the fluids out, plus my gf has been smelling something burning. View attachment 84261
Look at the idler pulley--there is none! It's just a nub, and it was chewing up the belt. You can see all the rubber on the head, water pump etc. So I get some replacement parts--but--they give me the idler pulley instead of the tensioned pulley and a belt for a 105 amp alternator after I told them I had the 160 amp alternator. So it's too small. So I had to go back and get, what I thought we're the right parts. I get the correct tensioned pulley and the new belt was still too small! WTF!!! So I try to put on the old, chewed up belt, and guess what? Now that's too small! WTF X2!!!! There was a gm belt on there with a part #, so I'm just gonna go to the stealership tomorrow and try to get something a little bigger then the old belt. I'm truly baffled. Maybe with the new alternator(I did it to the 4.8 and my buddy swapped it over to the 6.0)it was so tight that it's the reason the old idler pulley got destroyed. View attachment 84262
The old pulley is just a nub!!
Well, she's back up and running. I had to get 1/2" bigger belt. Funny thing is, I went to GM and they really couldn't help me, so I went to Advance Auto and got it from them.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Tony what did you use to remove your broken exhaust manifold bolts when you installed your headers?