Ford Expedition build thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
grouch

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a new window regulator as when I got the truck, I notice the window that didn't work had a short piece of cable hanging out. These type regulators fail regularly. I ordered a new one and it came in so I tore the door down to replace it.

Oh joy! No window motor and cable hanging everywhere. Okay, I start to disassemble but there's something odd about it. What's holding the window up?

Resized_20240225_154216.jpeg

Gentlemen, before you, you see a piece of PVC conduit holding the window in place. Talk about cheap. If you go to that much trouble, just get the new parts and fix it. I'm heading out to source some bolts as I don't have the size needed to reassemble the door assembly. At least now I know why it wasn't working. A new master switch got the other widows working so this will give me all my windows opening and closing.

OP
OP
grouch

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been tracing electrical issues. I had the computer tested and the dash cluster rebuilt. Put everything back together and it would crank okay but the truck wouldn't start. Extended cranking showed oil pressure so the dash is working. I tried shooting some ether into the throttle body and it didn't hit a lick.

Started tracing the wiring today. I found this on the back of my fuse box.

Resized_20240320_123702.jpeg

It's so melted I'm going to have to cut it apart. These trucks have problems with the factory fuse boxes getting hot. I hit the bone yard to pull a replacement. I figured I'd pull to just in case. First truck still had one. The next 12 were missing them. Evidently I'm not the first to have this problem.

At least now I know why the truck was so cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660