Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RDKill321

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did a search for "HD Hood" and it came to your build thread. So I figured I may as well check it out and see what would need to be changed in going from a Tahoe hood to the HD hood. I figured I'd start at the beginning of your thread....a couple hours later and I'm at the end. You've dumped an ass load of work into that ride. Awesome job man, I wish I had more skill with electrical work, as I kind've try to shy away from it. Keep it up!

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I did a search for "HD Hood" and it came to your build thread. So I figured I may as well check it out and see what would need to be changed in going from a Tahoe hood to the HD hood. I figured I'd start at the beginning of your thread....a couple hours later and I'm at the end. You've dumped an ass load of work into that ride. Awesome job man, I wish I had more skill with electrical work, as I kind've try to shy away from it. Keep it up!
Thanks man, I really appreciate the kudos. My electrical skills are pretty basic, but you learn as you go.
All to find out that the HD hood bolts straight on! Lol. J/K.. this thread was a long time coming, and is more than worth the full read.
As @HiHoeSilver stated, it was a long time coming! Lol
The hd hood is a direct Bolton, but the gaps along the fenders are a little bit wider. Nothing to really stress about Imo. Welcome to the site. Tons of great info and lots of knowledgeable guys who love to help you spend your money!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My buddy drilled and tapped, as far as I know.
Wait just a minute mister- let me see...you have an engine guy, a transmission guy, a body and paint guy, AND a " buddy" who installed your headers and swapped in a 6.0 engine? Just exactly what part of this build did Tony do? Oh yeah, the $$$ part! :boxing:

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Wait just a minute mister- let me see...you have an engine guy, a transmission guy, a body and paint guy, AND a " buddy" who installed your headers and swapped in a 6.0 engine? Just exactly what part of this build did Tony do? Oh yeah, the $$$ part! :boxing:
I don't know $hit about transmissions, just how to destroy them, I used to paint and repair bumper covers, but stopped because it sux, and had no time and no lift to do the swap myself. I did do the interior and electrical work--so that counts.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know $hit about transmissions, just how to destroy them, I used to paint and repair bumper covers, but stopped because it sux, and had no time and no lift to do the swap myself. I did do the interior and electrical work--so that counts.
Just effin with ya! I know there's a ton of stuff you did. I don't know anything about tranny's either and if I needed a new motor I wouldn't be doing that as well. Not body and paint either. I was hoping you had done your headers but I remember they went on when you had the motor installed. I have 3 broken bolts, front and rear on the passenger side and rear on the driver side. I don't see any way to drill the rear ones to get an extractor in. I'm wondering if the Dorman clamps work. I'm not pulling the heads!

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Just effin with ya! I know there's a ton of stuff you did. I don't know anything about tranny's either and if I needed a new motor I wouldn't be doing that as well. Not body and paint either. I was hoping you had done your headers but I remember they went on when you had the motor installed. I have 3 broken bolts, front and rear on the passenger side and rear on the driver side. I don't see any way to drill the rear ones to get an extractor in. I'm wondering if the Dorman clamps work. I'm not pulling the heads!
I know buddy, Np. I'll try to talk to my buddy and ask how /what he did to get them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan