Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does everyone use to clean the intake and maf, btw? Anything more than elbow grease?

The MAF only use MAF cleaner and the TB use TB cleaner just don't touch the throttle plate or you'll throw it off, either disconnect it and clean it that way or hold the gas down as u clean it so you fool the computer into thinking its at wot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The MAF only use MAF cleaner and the TB use TB cleaner just don't touch the throttle plate or you'll throw it off, either disconnect it and clean it that way or hold the gas down as u clean it so you fool the computer into thinking its at wot

It's easy to disconnect it or even just remove it and clean it, that way you get the entire thing. Just don't turn the key on while it's out or it'll throw codes.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
It's easy to disconnect it or even just remove it and clean it, that way you get the entire thing. Just don't turn the key on while it's out or it'll throw codes.

Never got why anyone wouldn't just take the thing out to clean it...

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Oh damn that sux I know with a newer truck if you have a tune and you take it to the dealer and they do some PCM updates you can loose a tune that way get in touch with your tuner and see what they say, or pop off the intake tube and see if the TB looks dirty could be something as minor as that with any luck

Well, since I cursed the tuner out, I guess I'll recheck the Tb.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Do you mean pushing the butterfly open with your fingers while you're spraying it?

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should try to reload the tune...could of gotten wiped out by disconnecting the battery

I just cleaned my throttle body due to a rough idle and it is running a lot better now

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
You should try to reload the tune...could of gotten wiped out by disconnecting the battery

I just cleaned my throttle body due to a rough idle and it is running a lot better now
I wish I could, but that's the engine builder that I cursed out, so I'm not going back. He's a real douche! I think he might be friends with the trans guy! Lol

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you mean pushing the butterfly open with your fingers while you're spraying it?

Yup that's a big no no you'll throw the calibration off best bet is to remove it from the truck or have someone hold the gas down with the key in the on position so it fools the computer into thinking it's at wot and doesn't screw with anything

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, since I cursed the tuner out, I guess I'll recheck the Tb.

Oh damn hit up BB maybe they can help you out with a tune to get it running right

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700