Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
@Red Rocket I checked out the electric fans against my old radiator, which is the same as my new radiator, and it fits like a glove. There's molded clips on each side of the plastic tanks that the frame of the fans slide right in, and the upper shroud of the fan has bolt holes that line up with the radiator support on the truck. So I'm good. IMAG2286.jpg IMAG2287.jpg IMAG2288.jpg IMAG2289.jpg IMAG2290.jpg

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Damn dude, sorry to hear about all the little BS issues and especially the trans. I've heard thru the grapevine you like to use and abuse trannies.
Glad you did the build thread. Enjoyed every minute of it. You've done some great work. Very tasteful and classy.
My advise on the efans, don't ground to the core support. It will work but I've seen many issues with that, I've installed many plows on GM trucks and had to move that ground to the battery due to poor continuity. They worked for about a season and then lights wouldn't switch from truck to plow. It's not real metal, it's like pot metal.
It's always just a matter of time til the 4L60's give up the ghost. I just had same thing happen to mine. I'm shifting but blowing thru my convertor. I have to update my build. I've been stupid busy lately. Keep up the good work.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Damn dude, sorry to hear about all the little BS issues and especially the trans. I've heard thru the grapevine you like to use and abuse trannies.
Glad you did the build thread. Enjoyed every minute of it. You've done some great work. Very tasteful and classy.
My advise on the efans, don't ground to the core support. It will work but I've seen many issues with that, I've installed many plows on GM trucks and had to move that ground to the battery due to poor continuity. They worked for about a season and then lights wouldn't switch from truck to plow. It's not real metal, it's like pot metal.
It's always just a matter of time til the 4L60's give up the ghost. I just had same thing happen to mine. I'm shifting but blowing thru my convertor. I have to update my build. I've been stupid busy lately. Keep up the good work.
Hey man! Long time, no activity. How'd the conversion come out? Everything up and running like a ***** ape I hope.
Thx for the words of encouragement, I really appreciate that. I never really knew how much work, and money, I've put into the Hoe, until I started the build thread. But I think it was all worth it. I noticed the metal on the radiator support. I thought it was aluminum. Thx for the advice with the ground. I haven't laid out the harness yet to see how much play it'll have. I can't wait to get the fans in and running. Another mod down and a million to go! Lol :waytogo:

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Heck yeah, they never end. It's nice to be able to take a look back and reminisce on all the decisions and obstacles that you've gone thru and what you've accomplished. I'm glad you took the time to do it.
As far as mine goes, I'll update soon. I couldn't explain it all here and derail your build.
Btw, that hoe sounds awesome. I think you nailed it on the exhaust.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Heck yeah, they never end. It's nice to be able to take a look back and reminisce on all the decisions and obstacles that you've gone thru and what you've accomplished. I'm glad you took the time to do it.
As far as mine goes, I'll update soon. I couldn't explain it all here and derail your build.
Btw, that hoe sounds awesome. I think you nailed it on the exhaust.
Thanks. It does sound AMAZING!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84