RGA’s 2001 Tahoe LT Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Nice and clean. Love the two tone. So far so good. So if you plan on the ltz/z71 look will you paint the bumper? If so black or pewter :think:

OP
OP
RGA1215

RGA1215

Reaction score
more? lol I honestly don't even keep track anymore

Lol its so hard to stop upgrading once you’ve started! Especially when you look at everyone’s nice trucks on this forum!

Nice and clean. Love the two tone. So far so good. So if you plan on the ltz/z71 look will you paint the bumper? If so black or pewter :think:

Thanks! I would love to have the bumpers painted, but it wouldn’t be until later down the road until I can pay for them. I do love the two tone as well but the color matched bumper situation confuses me. I would think Pewter would look best on the bumpers because I think it would flow better. I’ve been thinking of maybe just painting the front bumper top cap pewter soon and leaving the rest chrome for a while and maybe paint it all pewter down the road. Idk exactly what I would do lol.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I think you unknowingly answered your own question lol
Im not a fan of chrome but i say leave bumper chrome, paint cap and valance pewter. Chrome works well and blends with that color nicely.
And most definitely debadge/demold asap

OP
OP
RGA1215

RGA1215

Reaction score
I think you unknowingly answered your own question lol
Im not a fan of chrome but i say leave bumper chrome, paint cap and valance pewter. Chrome works well and blends with that color nicely.
And most definitely debadge/demold asap

Definitely right about the demold. I like the clean look without them, plus my driver side one is all dented up. However ripping the moldings off kind of makes me nervous because I’m afraid of what’s under the moldings. My grandparents (the original owners of my Tahoe) told me that the two tone paint was actually a dealer option, and that my truck was originally all black before the dealer added the pewter. I would hope and think that it’s pewter underneath, and that the paint won’t rip off. Idk about debadge though, for some reason I kinda like the NBS badges (except MAYBE the “Chevrolet” on the tailgate), although I appreciate the way a debadged truck looks. And yeah I think you’re right about the bumpers leaving the chrome and painting the cap and valence pewter. Maybe if I get a Z71 valence later down the road like I’m hoping perhaps I can have it painted before installing.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Oh damn yea that's a 50/50 chance if they painted around or under the molding. Well since you know the original owners find out where they purchased it. Talk to a old timer who's still working in the service department since 01 and he/she will have a definate answer.