2001 Yukon XL Denali Fixes/Maintenance Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcbarbour72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all.

Just wanted to start a thread to post work, pictures, and resources I found to learn how to fix up our recently purchased family hauler.

I'll start with a surprise lug stud I had to replace when doing brakes and rotors today!

Found this...
IMG_20240406_123956.jpg

Scary thing is that I think it was probably this way when I got it in January. It drove fine and I checked everything else. I assumed the seller wouldn't let me drive without a lug! I drove my family from Kansas City...to Wyoming and back like this without knowing.

Anyways...I learned how to replace a lug stud today using the following method:

Except I don't have an impact. So I used the old tire iron with the extension tube from my red Daytona jack from harbor freight and cranked that thing in by hand.

IMG_20240406_144546.jpg

Finished of with a little headlight restore. Not perfect, but better.

Before:
IMG_20240406_224323.jpg
After:
IMG_20240406_194020.jpg

Welp. That's a start on the thread. I'll post some of the other work I've already done when I have time as well.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so... i'm just wondering, you bought a used vehicle and took it on a family road trip and never bothered to check the brakes first?
the reason I ask is because if the brakes had been checked then the broken lug nut would have been discovered. If not eyeballed beforehand
but those caps hide the fact

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OuttaGass