RGA’s 2001 Tahoe LT Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I too started bare bone stock. Fosscore's truck is inspiration to many on here including myself , and probably many not on here that are just Google pic searching ;)

His is so simple and tastefully done.... I just don't like blue :thumbsdown:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too started bare bone stock. Fosscore's truck is inspiration to many on here including myself , and probably many not on here that are just Google pic searching ;)

Thx man. I appreciate that.

Don’t let that blue comment sway you. We are 4000 mile forum BFFs and his love/hate for my blue Tahoe creeps up often. :insane:@05Single

OP
OP
RGA1215

RGA1215

Reaction score

Thx man. I appreciate that.

Don’t let that blue comment sway you. We are 4000 mile forum BFFs and his love/hate for my blue Tahoe creeps up often. :insane:@05Single

Lol! Your truck was my inspiration for my lighting upgrades, even though mine aren’t as fancy/extensive as yours, @05Single! All my inspiration comes from this forum, so many unique tricks it’s unreal. I hope my envisioned Z71/LTZ look will come out looking well one day! :)

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Lol! Your truck was my inspiration for my lighting upgrades, even though mine aren’t as fancy/extensive as yours, @05Single! All my inspiration comes from this forum, so many unique tricks it’s unreal. I hope my envisioned Z71/LTZ look will come out looking well one day! :)
I'm happy I can contribute to all your lighting needs :cool: . I only have a few more ideas left but I think I'm mostly done on the lighting. I need to focus on getting low.

OP
OP
RGA1215

RGA1215

Reaction score
I'm happy I can contribute to all your lighting needs :cool: . I only have a few more ideas left but I think I'm mostly done on the lighting. I need to focus on getting low.

Yeah same all I have left PLANNED for lighting is blue rear footwell lights to match the front, and I still need to install my LED bulbs in the gauges. This summer (or maybe even a little before) I am going to focus on getting new shocks and springs for this thing. It’s starting to ride rough in town, which is where I do almost all my driving, and as far as I can tell they’re still the original shocks/springs (and my records indicate they’ve never been replaced as well). I’m thinking I’m probably going to do Bilstein 5100’s all around with Z71 springs. I like the 5100’s because they leave some room for a small lift, which I have been thinking ahout leveling the front of the truck with the rear sometime later down the road.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Yea I have all original shocks on mine, only one air shock in the rear was replaced. After driving my dad's truck (the two tone silverado) with half the miles as mine I really see how bad mine rides. :eek:

OP
OP
RGA1215

RGA1215

Reaction score
Yea I have all original shocks on mine, only one air shock in the rear was replaced. After driving my dad's truck (the two tone silverado) with half the miles as mine I really see how bad mine rides. :eek:

I am so glad I don’t have Autoride, just the “Premium Ride” Nivomat shocks (although it would be nice to have 4WD). About a month ago my Dad had a new Silverado loaner and it was soooo much smoother than my Tahoe. My brother and I are also the only ones with old cars in our family, and whenever we ride in anyone else’s car we notice how much smoother they are (even my brothers car is a little smoother than mine, but his shocks were replaced a while ago).

OP
OP
RGA1215

RGA1215

Reaction score
Well guys some sort of bad news. I just tried removing my door moldings and I lifted it about an inch and I could already see black under there rather than pewter. So I won’t be taking off the door moldings. :(

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a similar scenario on my Suburban. Paint work on the side and they painted with the moldings and letters on so it had to stay.

Can’t make it worse to make it better if you will. It’s alright. At least you know now. Move on to the next project. All good

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Had a similar scenario on my Suburban. Paint work on the side and they painted with the moldings and letters on so it had to stay.

Can’t make it worse to make it better if you will. It’s alright. At least you know now. Move on to the next project. All good
That's why mine are still on too, plus there's lots of inconsiderate "people" out there that just whip their door open and bang yours, leaving dings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts