RGA’s 2001 Tahoe LT Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Lol mine have been shot since I’ve had this vehicle. I just avoided using the liftgate (thanks for reminding it’s liftgate not trunk also) and put stuff in the back seat, but stuff always flew off the leather seats because they’re so slippery :(. In the past week that I’ve had the new struts on the liftgate I’ve been putting stuff in the back, and now nothing moves around and it’s much nicer. Also I only got one fog light because I replaced both about a year ago because the lenses fell off the OEM ones, but the replacement passenger is still crystal clear so I just left it. But now that you mention it I am going to silicone them because I don’t want water getting in again. I siliconed my DRL/Turn Signal housings when I got those, so I better do the same with these.
I also silicone the plug that goes into the housing(receptacle). Sometimes water can get in that way too.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Much better idea, I just used silicone in a pinch.
I bought a 2 12"x12" sheets at Michaels craft store for like $2 and I've used it on several lights with a sheet still left over lol.

OP
OP
RGA1215

RGA1215

Reaction score
I bought a 2 12"x12" sheets at Michaels craft store for like $2 and I've used it on several lights with a sheet still left over lol.

That is a really good idea. The LED bulbs I have in there kind of fit goofy, so I proabably do actually need to do something about the socket. :Handshake:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great looking truck and good mods so far. Having the build thread for a reflection is great too.

You are starting with a fresh palette which can get you into trouble on this forum with so many good ideas and examples to pull from. Mine was bone stock when I started spending too much time on here and well it went sideways and deep into a thick 3 ring binder later. Enjoy it man. Keep up the good work.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Great looking truck and good mods so far. Having the build thread for a reflection is great too.

You are starting with a fresh palette which can get you into trouble on this forum with so many good ideas and examples to pull from. Mine was bone stock when I started spending too much time on here and well it went sideways and deep into a thick 3 ring binder later. Enjoy it man. Keep up the good work.
So true, so true.

OP
OP
RGA1215

RGA1215

Reaction score

Thanks so much! I am always so appreciative of all the kind words that everybody gives on the forum! I see so many clean rides on here that I am constantly wanting to do more, but I don’t want to go broke :confused:. I figure I am going to daily drive this truck for a long time because I enjoy it and I think I can get a lot more miles out of it even though it has 137,*** miles. So I may as well customize it to make it perfect to my liking. Your vehicle was actually one of my inspirations to start modifying my vehicle even though I am taking mine in a different direction, @Fosscore. I absolutely love the “Dark Blue Ming” color that your Tahoe has, I really wish mine had it! I will say that I have been considering color matching the grille and adding the Street Scene inserts like your vehicle has though (except I want the chrome inserts)! :Handshake:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx man. I had no idea what to do when I joined here. I just kept picking away, taking advice, reading up and borrowing ideas. I still see cool ideas all the time on here.

I do love my blue. Color matching was a smart move and transformed my exterior a lot as it was all the black plastic.

The SS grille is the polished version. Between the grille, wheel center caps, Esky rack and exhaust tip, that is the only chrome on the truck. Subtle but enough to contrast. Good luck man. Interested to see your progress.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thanks so much! I am always so appreciative of all the kind words that everybody gives on the forum! I see so many clean rides on here that I am constantly wanting to do more, but I don’t want to go broke :confused:. I figure I am going to daily drive this truck for a long time because I enjoy it and I think I can get a lot more miles out of it even though it has 137,*** miles. So I may as well customize it to make it perfect to my liking. Your vehicle was actually one of my inspirations to start modifying my vehicle even though I am taking mine in a different direction, @Fosscore. I absolutely love the “Dark Blue Ming” color that your Tahoe has, I really wish mine had it! I will say that I have been considering color matching the grille and adding the Street Scene inserts like your vehicle has though (except I want the chrome inserts)! :Handshake:
I'm going on 300,000 miles, so your 137,000 is nothing. With regular maintenance, these trucks can go a very long time. She's gonna give you years of faithful service. Just take care of her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo