RGA’s 2001 Tahoe LT Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RGA1215

RGA1215

Reaction score
Had a similar scenario on my Suburban. Paint work on the side and they painted with the moldings and letters on so it had to stay.

Can’t make it worse to make it better if you will. It’s alright. At least you know now. Move on to the next project. All good

That's why mine are still on too, plus there's lots of inconsiderate "people" out there that just whip their door open and bang yours, leaving dings.

Yeah I don’t hate the door moldings, but I just wanted the sort of “Z71 look” for my truck, plus the chrome part is kind of dented in some places from door dings. But it least I won’t be getting door dings on the actual door panels now! :cool: On the bright side, I was able to wash my truck today and fully detail my dad’s car as well. He used to be on top of keeping it clean but he’s been super busy lately so I detailed it for him. Took a lot of time as it hasn’t been cleaned in a couple of months but I think it came out pretty nice. :boti:
143EDCA6-A1B1-41DE-93E4-7E2742D7BEA4.jpeg A3E9A667-2F53-4536-A90F-3CC1539F2831.jpeg 5B3D991B-8F26-4808-9A9F-28817BD92021.jpeg

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
:rage:
We were all hoping that wasn't the case with the moldings. Sorry bud

Well there are still better options. Either painted yukon moldings (good luck finding those) or nnbs moldings that are more flush without the chrome trim.
Or would be super easy to vinyl wrap and match up with the black. Since its just a gloss black I don't think it would be too spendy.

But still a suppose to be free mod turned into a $$ mod

OP
OP
RGA1215

RGA1215

Reaction score
:rage:
We were all hoping that wasn't the case with the moldings. Sorry bud

Well there are still better options. Either painted yukon moldings (good luck finding those) or nnbs moldings that are more flush without the chrome trim.
Or would be super easy to vinyl wrap and match up with the black. Since its just a gloss black I don't think it would be too spendy.

But still a suppose to be free mod turned into a $$ mod

Yeah I actually have honestly thought about vinyl wrapping the pewter before, because it’s not a color that I would ever choose on a new vehicle (I probably wouldn’t get black either). But I also like how mine is the only two tone I really ever see, and I actually (surprisingly) get compliments on it frequently. And yes I actually really like the NNBS Denali moldings but I think I’d rather spend my money elsewhere for the time being. I’ve really been wanting new shocks and a street scene grille lol. But I also think the “uniqueness” of my two tone is also enough for me to just leave it there. :cool:

OP
OP
RGA1215

RGA1215

Reaction score
Well I replaced my Cabin Air Filter today, it wasn’t as bad as I expected. There was definitely some debris and stuff that fell out. Owner’s manual says to change it every 15,000 miles anyway, and I’ve driven the car almost 10,000 miles in he year and a half I’ve had it. My Bilstein 5100’s also came in for the front, so I’m hoping to do those soon as well. Ill eventually do the rears around summer sometime probably. I’m looking to go to Z71 springs sometime also. If anyone has converted to Z71 springs, how hard were they to convert?

83BDAE8C-293F-4243-883C-A61DA2ADAA4B.jpeg

OP
OP
RGA1215

RGA1215

Reaction score
Well I had a lot more planned for my Tahoe but I will be holding off on anything else. It looks like I am going to be getting a new car next year (2014 Impala, pictures above/previous post), and I don’t really want to spend much more money on something I may not have for that much longer (although, anything can happen in a year). All I’m going to be doing is eventually installing my Bilstein 5100’s that I’ve already bought and regular maintenance, and that’s it! In the meantime, I’ll still be enjoying the Forum! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700