RGA’s 2001 Tahoe LT Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RGA1215

Reaction score
Well, I have been on TYF for about a year but haven’t really posted much, but decided to go ahead and make a build thread anyway because I thought it’d be cool. In August of 2016 my Stepdad gave me my 2001 Tahoe LT as my first car, which he bought from his parents. It is a 2 wheel drive and has most of the options, and the color is a two tone Onyx Black and Pewter. When I got it it had around 126,000 miles and it now has about 136,000 miles. It was always garage kept, gently driven, and well maintained, and I plan on keeping it in good condition as time goes on. So far I have loved the car, but there are some things I’d like to change, but I don’t plan on doing anything crazy. I don’t know exactly know what I plan on doing, but I really like how the 2006 Suburban LTZ looks, so if anything, I’d sort of model my car after that one, but with my own touches. And up to this point, I have already done some minor modifications which have been fun.

When I first got her:
4D5185F8-39C1-44A8-9AEB-1154626BE2C1.jpeg

Modifications so far:

Stereo Upgrade - New Alpine Single Din Headunit (Didn’t really want/need a touchscreen), I also replaced the door speakers with some Polk Audio speakers as well as adding 2 10” JL subwoofers, which I got all brand new for a good price. (Bought from Crutchfield)

Full LED Interior with blue footwell lights (LEDs bought from SuperBrightLEDs, footwell lights from Walmart)
6F644001-644D-4524-A17A-C7628DBFED01.jpeg
1E91C72A-D127-4AB8-B523-48FDAF8F2D99.jpeg

I also upgraded the entire exterior to LEDs as well (with exception of tail lights - coming after Christmas). I also upgraded the headlights to DEPO Projectors with Hikari LEDs and upgraded the bumper lights to AnzoUSA’s. (All other LED’s besides headlights bought from SuperBrightLEDs)
3E388BF4-116C-4A4B-A3FC-8DA71483BA8C.png

I also had a Flowmaster Super 50 series muffler put on a while ago.

Otherwise, I’ve just done some little things like repainting a couple of areas of the dash, replaced the cassette deck with a cubby, nothing major.

I’ve had a couple of issues with the car, the first being the AC died. Luckily it was just a small leak, in which that part of the line was replaced. The transmission also died earlier this year, so it was rebuilt. Mostly everything is original on this car besides the fluids, tires, and some basic stuff. I will be doing things SLOWLY as I have time and earn money. Hopefully she’ll keep going for another 16 years!

6D5E98C2-F71F-4D57-A7BC-F980B0FE8DE6.jpeg

Last edited:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Great start! That's a clean truck, for sure. Sounds like you'll keep it that way. Take your time and enjoy your mods one by one. It's a savor the flavor kind of thing!

OP
OP
RGA1215

RGA1215

Reaction score
Great start! That's a clean truck, for sure. Sounds like you'll keep it that way. Take your time and enjoy your mods one by one. It's a savor the flavor kind of thing!

Thanks! I’m definitly trying my hardest to keep it clean. It’s been hand washed it’s whole life, and my grandparents actually kept a set of 2nd floormats over the OEM floormats! It’s got some wear like the typical chipping of paint on the dash, and some dents and scratches from the other grand children playing around it when they were little. But, it’s still very clean and very shiny. I’ve actually got compliments and letters from people asking to buy it, lol. I’ve definitly enjoyed the truck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz