Dave's 2006 Escalade AWD Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting topic this sail panel question. I know mine is a Tahoe LS, but I snapped a pic anyways just to throw it or there.

It was pewter to match my interior, but not dark grey like the dash. I Plasti Dipped it black and spayed the speaker grilles to give the door some contrast rather than be monochromatic.

IMG_3543.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Onebadsss

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting topic this sail panel question. I know mine is a Tahoe LS, but I snapped a pic anyways just to throwntnout there.

It was pewter to match my interior, but not dark grey like the dash. I Plasti Dipped it black and spayed the speaker grilles to give the door some contrast rather than be monochromatic.

View attachment 80993
That actually looks pretty sweet!

OP
OP
Onebadsss

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so here is a comparison shot of what my sail panel looks like compared to the dash:

xVC9kZQ.jpg

My order from Colorbond came in though so I have another project for this weekend:

SnZYDpb.jpg

Although...now that I'm looking at this "situation" I feel like I want to colormatch the sail panels to the upper dash color. Dammit all! Now I have to order more paint from Colorbond, lol! Anyone happen to know what the upper dash color on a "Shale" interior NBS Esky is called??

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Bigbeardenali1992 really appreciate it! And I agree that the OEM 20's look awesome. I love most of the GM 20" optional wheel packages for this era truck. The VHO wheels are probably my favorite!
Yeah I like almost all of the optioned 20s from our gen trucks that gm made. Good looking wheels. I was gonna go with the CK805 setup but couldn't really find any near me for sale. I found my nnbs denali 20s for pretty cheap and swiped them up.

OP
OP
Onebadsss

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I like almost all of the optioned 20s from our gen trucks that gm made. Good looking wheels. I was gonna go with the CK805 setup but couldn't really find any near me for sale. I found my nnbs denali 20s for pretty cheap and swiped them up.
LOVE the CK805's on NBS Denali trucks! Definitely the best wheel package option for them, hands down! I debated heavily between that style, the CK948 "Torq Thrust" style and the style I ended up with. I've seen all three on NBS Esky's and they all look awesome so it really came down to the decision being made by the best deal I could score on the cleanest local set. And that was a TOUGH search here in New England because most 11-14 year old wheel sets in this region are heavily corroded from years of harsh winter salt baths!

Last edited:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOVE the CK805's on NBS Denali trucks! Definitely the best wheel package option for them, hands down! I debated heavily between that style, the CK948 "Torq Thrust" style and the style I ended up with. I've seen all three on NBS Esky's and they all look awesome so it really came down to the decision being made by the best deal I could score on the cleanest local set. And that was a TOUGH search here in New England because most 11-14 year old wheel sets in this region are heavily corroded from years of harsh winter salt baths!
Yeah my family all lives all in new England and they deal with tons of rust. No thanks.... hahah. My 20s are super clean and no rust thankfully. Haha.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting thoughts on the sail panels. I never noticed mine because mine are the same tan color that the rest of my interior. They don't stick out like your guys' sail panels do cuz they blend together haha.

OP
OP
Onebadsss

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so my researching online yielded that the upper dash color on my Escalade is "Medium Dark Pewter" so I decided to roll the dice and ordered a can from Amazon:

AIzE46O.jpg

Hopefully it'll get here quick so I can start attacking this interior touchup project! Unfortunately my work schedule went from empty to full in 24 hours and now I'll be out of town Tuesday through Friday next week and Monday through Wednesday the following week. Plus my parents have invited us down to their house on the Cape for Mother's Day weekend and Mother Nature isn't being kind to me this weekend, ugh! May not get much accomplished in the next two weeks but I'm gonna try my damnest, lol

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so my researching online yielded that the upper dash color on my Escalade is "Medium Dark Pewter" so I decided to roll the dice and ordered a can from Amazon:

AIzE46O.jpg

Hopefully it'll get here quick so I can start attacking this interior touchup project! Unfortunately my work schedule went from empty to full in 24 hours and now I'll be out of town Tuesday through Friday next week and Monday through Wednesday the following week. Plus my parents have invited us down to their house on the Cape for Mother's Day weekend and Mother Nature isn't being kind to me this weekend, ugh! May not get much accomplished in the next two weeks but I'm gonna try my damnest, lol
Damn weather! Lol it never fails, big bear always gets a last ditch effort from winter right around mothers day. Every year... we are due for a little bit tomorrow and sunday and then a little more next weekend. I hate it! Lol