Dave's 2006 Escalade AWD Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Onebadsss

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep putting off dropping the rear 2 inches. Next is powder coating my wheels to match my paint. Doing the lip, inside of the spokes and leaving the outside spokes and center caps chrome. Should look good. I hope.lol
That's gonna look sa-weeeeeet when it's done man! You'll have to post up pics!

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I know @95escahoe has been asking: during one of my many FB marketplace troll patrols I came across a clean set of 2002 Esky 3-piece engine covers so I contacted the seller and struck a deal. Little did I know that seller would turn out to be @95escahoe, lol! And this went down before we connected here on TYF too, what are the odds?

Qhy6OYi.jpg

ntSu9nv.jpg

These engine covers definitely look great on the truck and as a bonus I flipped the original Vortec MAX engine cover set that came stock on her for the same price I paid for these so it was a nice "freebie" cosmetic upgrade!

Looks great still need to throw mine on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I noticed when I removed the 3rd row seats is that this (purpose unknown) bracket on the left side seat bracket is broken:

EoG5ZLY.jpg

KTIt4Zu.jpg

Any NBS gurus out there that know what this part's purpose is or what the OEM replacement part numbers are??

Maybe try a pick and pull the parts prolly cheap or someone parting one out on CL or FB

OP
OP
Onebadsss

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe try a pick and pull the parts prolly cheap or someone parting one out on CL or FB

There don't seem to be any good junk yards around here so if any of you guys happen to come across an NBS SUV in a junk yard near you and are willing to snag the part off said SUV for me I will happily reimburse you, cover shipping and add enough on top, for your troubles, to buy a 6-pack of your favorite brew!

OP
OP
Onebadsss

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So one thing I noticed the other day when I was cleaning out the beast is that the sail panels are black instead of color matched to the interior on this truck:

SlB2Lbh.jpg

@95escahoe is your Caddy the same way?

It's gonna drive me nuts if I don't color match it now, lol! Fortunately I have already placed an order for some Colorbond Interior paint so i can refinish the center console because it has some of the dreaded paint peeling going on...anyone else tackled this project that has pointers?

Last edited:

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So one thing I noticed the other day when I was cleaning out the beast is that the sail panels are black instead of color matched to the interior on this truck:

SlB2Lbh.jpg

It's gonna drive me nuts if I don't color match it now, lol! Fortunately I have already placed an order for some Colorbond Interior paint so i can refinish the center console because it has some of the dreaded clearcoat peeling going on...anyone else tackled this project that has pointers?

I think mine match the upper part of the dash, none of my pics really show that I'll look in the am, I'm pretty sure there not black, I need to paint my center console at some point too mines not terrible but noticeable

OP
OP
Onebadsss

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a more fun note: I picked up this Kobalt tool chest cart so I would finally have a proper mounting place for the tool chest topper my wife gave to me years ago that was previously just sitting on a bench in my garage:

EwEajbg.jpg

Here is the finished product, I'm very happy with it and psyched to finally get all my tools organized!:

YRc3arc.jpg

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

SlB2Lbh.jpg

It's gonna drive me nuts if I don't color match it now, lol! Fortunately I have already placed an order for some Colorbond Interior paint so i can refinish the center console because it has some of the dreaded paint peeling going on...anyone else tackled this project that has pointers?

Hey, so I looked at mine that panel isn't black it's more of a dark grey it matches the dark grey of the upper dash

514497bef34fd65e5204583f5a87c743.jpg

e78995880bf418a6d5043b5cbd490fab.jpg

OP
OP
Onebadsss

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, so I looked at mine that panel isn't black it's more of a dark grey it matches the dark grey of the upper dash

514497bef34fd65e5204583f5a87c743.jpg

e78995880bf418a6d5043b5cbd490fab.jpg

Now see that makes sense at least but on mine the sail panels are flat black, not color matched to the upper dash like yours. I'll post a pic to show you, give me a few...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roots6969