Dave's 2006 Escalade AWD Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Onebadsss

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't stop staring at that white. It just draws you in.
Good call on the wheels, I was gonna ask if you were gonna grab some oem 20s or 22s.
So the next question is .....2/4 drop?
The jury is still out on whether or not I'm gonna drop her as I'm concerned about compromising ride quality since this is a family hauler and not just weekend scene queen. Anyone have experience with dropping an AWD NBS Esky that can chime in?

OP
OP
Onebadsss

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taking inventory of what the OEM 20's wheel set I scored came with: chewed up lugs, stripped locks and missing a couple of the chrome lug caps soooooo I enlisted the help of Amazon and eBay to remedy those issues for reasonable cost:

llQP52Z.jpg

7OJvZZR.jpg

dRFNCQL.jpg

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The jury is still out on whether or not I'm gonna drop her as I'm concerned about compromising ride quality since this is a family hauler and not just weekend scene queen. Anyone have experience with dropping an AWD NBS Esky that can chime in?

I'm gonna lower mine this summer a slight drop with working autoride will ride pretty smooth aslong as you do new spindles up front, Tony aka NorcalSS he will hook you up on a kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chevync

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep putting off dropping the rear 2 inches. Next is powder coating my wheels to match my paint. Doing the lip, inside of the spokes and leaving the outside spokes and center caps chrome. Should look good. I hope.lol

OP
OP
Onebadsss

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna lower mine this summer a slight drop with working autoride will ride pretty smooth aslong as you do new spindles up front, Tony aka NorcalSS he will hook you up on a kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I definitely want to overhaul the suspension at some point: new oem autoride shocks, hellwig sway bar kit, possibly new compressor for the air ride (if needed), moog suspension/steering up front, etc. She rides pretty smooth now and there are other areas that I need to address first like rebuilding the front diff, brakes and maintenance items...

Tony is a great guy, he hooked me up with a set of Belltech Street Performance shocks for my SS!

OP
OP
Onebadsss

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I know @95escahoe has been asking: during one of my many FB marketplace troll patrols I came across a clean set of 2002 Esky 3-piece engine covers so I contacted the seller and struck a deal. Little did I know that seller would turn out to be @95escahoe, lol! And this went down before we connected here on TYF too, what are the odds?

Qhy6OYi.jpg

ntSu9nv.jpg

These engine covers definitely look great on the truck and as a bonus I flipped the original Vortec MAX engine cover set that came stock on her for the same price I paid for these so it was a nice "freebie" cosmetic upgrade!

OP
OP
Onebadsss

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So we had some really nice weather (for once) and the wifey was requesting I go through the interior and clean it out since our 3yo and 1yo daughters are the "masters of disaster" and love to make messes everywhere they go. So I pulled everything out of it, car seats, 3rd row, etc and gave her a good vacuum and interior wipe down with some Simple Green Automotive (which is actually blue, lol) and I'm still amazed by the cleanliness of the interior:

n5Nf39g.jpg

3WSARF8.jpg

q4TnjF3.jpg

OP
OP
Onebadsss

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I noticed when I removed the 3rd row seats is that this (purpose unknown) bracket on the left side seat bracket is broken:

EoG5ZLY.jpg

KTIt4Zu.jpg

Any NBS gurus out there that know what this part's purpose is or what the OEM replacement part numbers are??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
metal2forall