Z55 Suspension Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbgrey2007

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The compressor and air boots on my 2007 Tahoe are shot. it is not ******** or anything right now, so no huge rush, but wanted to see what the best options are for either going back with the air suspension or converting over to non-air. I've seen some videos Vigor, Arnott, Suncor and OEM as options. Sticker shock with OEMs. I know Arnott makes both options. I want to keep the same ride height and general feel. Not interested in leveling the vehicle. Thoughts?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The compressor and air boots on my 2007 Tahoe are shot. it is not ******** or anything right now, so no huge rush, but wanted to see what the best options are for either going back with the air suspension or converting over to non-air. I've seen some videos Vigor, Arnott, Suncor and OEM as options. Sticker shock with OEMs. I know Arnott makes both options. I want to keep the same ride height and general feel. Not interested in leveling the vehicle. Thoughts?
The factory air ride system is excellent, easy to work on, and reliable. The best source for replacement OEM or Arnott OEM equivalent air shocks is Rock Auto. They're $250 each for factory shocks and a bit less for Arnott's. The Dorman compressor is a solid replacement for the factory compressor also. All-in, you're probably looking at about $750 for parts and 2-3 hours to do the work yourself if you have the tools. I've done it on both of my XL Denali's a few years ago and the system has been trouble-free ever since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman