Z 55, it's a four letter word

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Searay45db

Searay45db

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so here is how it ended. After I put in the new Arcott pump, which is a lot quieter, something still was not right. I had bought the new AS 2700 shocks, but had not put them on. I was still getting some errors, but if I jumped on the back of the bumper, the pump would kick on and it would level. Finally I broke out the Premium Arnott shocks. These are huge. At least that is what she said. When I took the first old shock off I realized I had a problem, there was no sensor at the top of the shock. In fact, the connector for the sensor had been cut off, and the wired had been spliced together to fool the system. I then took the number off the shock to discover these were a cheap pair of Monroe shocks that don't even fit this vehicle, jus generic air shocks you manually inflate when you have to carry a load. They are long enough, but the diameter is half the size. Not even listed for the Yuk and sell for $69 bucks on Amazon. Hmmm. So installed the new bad boys. Trying to figure out where to buy a used connector as I want it hooked up to the shock as the new ones get rid of the bs error codes. Still looking. Very different ride. It was pricey, but what a deal. Upon further inspection the fronts have the cheap Monroe's, but least they are the right ones. Saving my pennies for the new premium ones rom Arnott. They actually buy the cores from you.

it's been a pricey lesson, but glad I spent the money as I have great confidence that the new Arnott shocks are going to be working for a long time.

And that is what happened and would love it if anyone who does not use the system wants to cut their connectors and sell me theirs:)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't bother with the OEM connectors- they're prone to trouble. Instead, buy some 3.9 ohm ceramic resistors and connect them in place of the "sensors" on the Arnott shocks, which are actually just resistors themselves. I ended up doing this to mine. One wire goes to each end of the resistor. Then just tie them up out of the way. You'll need to do it to the front too. The Arnott fronts will have the "spoofers" (resistors) too. The fronts I found are even more prone to trouble due to the funky OEM connectors. I cut those off and wired the resistors in too. EBay has the resistors, just make sure they're 3.9 ohms, not 3.9 K ohms. Once you install the resistors, you won't have any more error codes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog