Yukon made it 1400 miles before breaking down again, it's cursed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ibustbravo

Reaction score
I'm just ranting.. feel free to disregard..

I have a 15 Yukon, I recently; two months ago, I rebuilt the engine myself and had the trans done by a shop. Everything is great, I didn't have to go back into the engine at all once I was finished. I was pleased.. No errors; no lights, I handed it off to my wife within hours of finishing. Last week; 1400 miles later, my wife starts the truck and we hear this clanking noise and a belt squeal.. The air conditioning compressor crashed and locked up. WTF! lol This truck is cursed!

I have two extra pumps, one new and one used. The used one came with the 2nd engine I rebuilt, the new one is from the 1st time I repaired the air. The 1st time I replaced everything but the pump because the leaking pipe was not covered under the 'bumper to bumper' warranty and the pump was fine. I just pulled the damned belt off until I decide to fix it.

What's left to break?

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the potential list is endless. Tackle 1 issue at a time, or fork up $80,000 for a new truck.
What he said. If your maintenance program is proactive, then it shouldn't be too bad. Unfortunately, these new rigs are never cheap to fix. Once my wife 2017 hits 200k, I'll decide if I want to keep it, or just stick with stuff I can work on and omit the dealership.

RoadTrip

Reaction score
The AC system is a closed system similar to the transmission. I learned years ago when the AC system needs to be repaired, replace EVERYTHING all at the same time because fragments stay in the system and eventually clog the filters, or lines, or kill the pump.

You have to disassemble and completely blow out any recently replaced components before vacuuming and changing.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This^^^. I just did mine after the compressor failed and sent metal shards throughout the system all the way to the rear. If you replace them before the compressor breaks internally then it’s not bad but once it shreds itself it’s a real PIA. I almost deleted the rear after finding out I needed to replace the lines that go along the frame because I couldn’t unbolt them where they connect up under the back, all the road grime gets sloshed up there and they corrode. It all had to be removed and flushed or replaced. Thankfully there’s a company that sells flex lines to replace the hard lines with because I don’t think you can replace the hard lines without removing a bunch of other stuff that’s in the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar