Yukon XL detailing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok what's best way to deal with this speaker grill I have both back ones rusting . [emoji849] Take apart and paint ? Head to junkyard for rear panels ?a61487409044943f9bc6aa6d63ab8419.jpg

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Splorg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had my door panels off to put in new speakers. For once, they come off in a snap - if you're careful, you can bend the tabs on the grilles out and remove them. I was prepared to paint mine but all they needed was a good wash in soapy water and they're good as new. It's worth trying before you head right to repaint/replace, IMO.

Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you take the Bose off when you painted it ?
Did you use regular paint can or something with more hardener. I was thinking silver or black .

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See black looks sharp to. Nice .. what year is yours ? Looks like same gray interior as mine..
You also made me realise my carpets on bottom of front door panels was either removed from first owner or never had them .. my Yukon XL is black so I think Black might be the ticket. Silver match the chrome window shades vents I put on .. so I have to make up my mind also I was wondering if there was interior lights on back doors 2006 Yukon XL my are either burned out or might just be a reflector. lol thanks for the post.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Could you take the Bose off when you painted it ?
Did you use regular paint can or something with more hardener. I was thinking silver or black .

I don't remember if I took the bose off or just taped them. I used this.

20170326_144123.jpg

See black looks sharp to. Nice .. what year is yours ? Looks like same gray interior as mine..
You also made me realise my carpets on bottom of front door panels was either removed from first owner or never had them .. my Yukon XL is black so I think Black might be the ticket. Silver match the chrome window shades vents I put on .. so I have to make up my mind also I was wondering if there was interior lights on back doors 2006 Yukon XL my are either burned out or might just be a reflector. lol thanks for the post.

My interior is 2006 gray. Does not have the carpet. Rear doors are reflectors.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bulbs are burned out on door panels. Lenses just pop out with a tiny screwdriver.

Splorg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just be careful with those lenses. The red reflector and clear portion of the lens have a pretty.... tenuous bond lol the previous owner of my Yukon managed to break all but one of them. It's on my long list of parts to aquire, but since it usually is only me in the vehicle I put the intact one on the driver's front. It's WAY down the list at this point. I'll replace that when I switch over to LED interior lights later this year.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't remember if I took the bose off or just taped them. I used this.

My interior is 2006 gray. Does not have the carpet. Rear doors are reflectors.

Door panel light lenses are REFLECTORS ????? Really ??

Huh...... I never noticed....

I just popped the rear door lens off..... ( Cheap-ass GM).... Plenty of room for a bulb.

I was hoping to tag a wire off that lens to put an LED strip on bottom of door panel.

Last edited: