Uneven Air Temperature Through Heat Vents - 2004 Yukon XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonaldPerry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it normal for the driver's side to have cooler "heat mode" air when bottom vents are used, compared to the passenger side when both sides are set to the same temperature?

Is there more than one blend door than the one on the passenger side left of the glove box?
The actuator for the above blend door operates correctly, as does the mode actuator.

Is there more than one blend door for the Heat/AC system (i.e., one for the driver and one for the passenger)?

Everything works as it should except for the uneven heat air temperature.

Thanks!
Don

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. I believe there’s one on each side but I’m no expert on GMT 800’s. Someone with more experience will chime in soon.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

@swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it normal for the driver's side to have cooler "heat mode" air when bottom vents are used, compared to the passenger side when both sides are set to the same temperature?

Is there more than one blend door than the one on the passenger side left of the glove box?
The actuator for the above blend door operates correctly, as does the mode actuator.

Is there more than one blend door for the Heat/AC system (i.e., one for the driver and one for the passenger)?

Everything works as it should except for the uneven heat air temperature.

Thanks!
Don

Hi Don,

With a dual zone climate system up front, there are two actuators, one for each side. It is possible that a calibration might solve the issue or more than likely the actuator needs changing. A bi-directional scan tool can see and test the actuators and read the internal BCM codes.

As these trucks age, we are beginning to see the disintegration of the foam that seal the doors, especially around the fresh air door. It's not always noticeable without actually seeing the door or noticing small pieces of foam blowing out the vents when on high.

OP
OP
DonaldPerry

DonaldPerry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Don,

With a dual zone climate system up front, there are two actuators, one for each side. It is possible that a calibration might solve the issue or more than likely the actuator needs changing. A bi-directional scan tool can see and test the actuators and read the internal BCM codes.

As these trucks age, we are beginning to see the disintegration of the foam that seal the doors, especially around the fresh air door. It's not always noticeable without actually seeing the door or noticing small pieces of foam blowing out the vents when on high.
Thanks for the info. I replaced all three actuators (driver, passenger, mode) with actual GM. I calibrated them properly and the mix seems to work as well as new. It was just when using heat, the lower ducts seemed much hotter on the passenger than the driver. It must be the foam you spoke of. I never thought of that. Maybe no one else is as picky as me. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts