Ac problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keonsr10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Tahoe Ltz one day my ac would only blow cold out of driver side and controls wouldn't change from vent to defrost. So I replaced control module and all actuators as well as did the reset process. Its blowing heat on both sides but not as strong on passenger side also it still will not change vents or cool.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta get a good scan tool on it that can read the hvac module and tell you what the doors are being commanded to do vs what they’re actually doing. Did you use GM parts?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Tahoe Ltz one day my ac would only blow cold out of driver side and controls wouldn't change from vent to defrost. So I replaced control module and all actuators as well as did the reset process. Its blowing heat on both sides but not as strong on passenger side also it still will not change vents or cool.
A new control module must be programmed to the vehicles, they are not plug and play. The Apple Car Scanner app can read BCM codes on IPhones. If you have one or access to a bi-directional scan tool, pull up the internal BCM codes. It will tell you which actuators are bad and why with the symptom code following like, B0413 61 or B0413 05.

1708503656061.png

Having said all that, your Mode Actuator is the likely culprit here, it's the one in the driver's footwell. Aftermarket sensors don't last, buy once, cry once, for GM OE/ACDelco, same box or wrapper with both numbers.

OP
OP
K

Keonsr10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All actuators are brand new and still not working I've done the reset process 4 times still nothing. These are the codes it keeps throwing.

OP
OP
K

Keonsr10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All actuators are brand new and still not working I've done the reset process 4 times still nothing. These are the codes it keeps throwing
Gotta get a good scan tool on it that can read the hvac module and tell you what the doors are being commanded to do vs what they’re actually doing. Did you use GM parts?
I purchased aftermarket off amazon

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates? Do the actuators move when doing the calibration?

OP
OP
K

Keonsr10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update:

Attachments

• 20240304_180304.jpg
    20240304_180304.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 2

Forum statistics