XM Renewal--USE CAUTION!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobMc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A bill in the amount of $46.66 came today for XM service starting on 23 Dec 2010.
In Dec. 2009 I did renew the "90 days free with new vehicle" for one year at a reduced rate.
But--
I never really looked at the back of that one year renewal statement.
There is an automatic renewal unless you call and request no renewal before the anniversary date.
So--
I am being charged for the period 23 Dec to today.
I really feel this is a bit of a deceptive business practice--if they had sent that bill before 23 December I would have cancelled then.
Bottom Line--
Use caution with dealing with XM. They will never get another penny from me.

Bob

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every single company that does subscriptions/contracts does this exact same thing...

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea it sucks.. i like having xm.. but i like it to the tune of 70$ year.. not the insane ass prices they charge if you DONT complain

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call and complain and usually you can get cheaper rates. And really all companies do that. "Get x service for y price*. *good for one year, renews at 50 times the price automatically"

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just cancel and wait until they send something special in the mail. I got mine right now for 6 months for $20 bucks. I'll use xm for 20 bucks, but thats it, they play the same songs, just like the radio, over and over...

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea this auto renew stuff is a pain in the ass. I have been going through the same thing with my gym membership for several months. First i cancelled, then they auto bill me a few months later, and refuse to stop payment until the years done. Always read the small print!

OP
OP
BobMc

BobMc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just am unable to get the XM turned off!!
I have called for the last three days and the XM is still operational as of two minutes ago.

My plan was to await the $20 for six months as we have a long vacation starting in July.

XM service ranks right up there with GM card service.

Bob

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't give your credit card info to them. I did once and only used that CC for XM and bingo, fraud on it about a month or two later. They will also send a collection agency after you for a couple dollars. I'm personally going to dump them as their same old music is getting rather boring and their customer service is pitiful. I might even have a lawyer send them a letter stating my service is terminated and I'm not responsible for any additional charges.

XM traffic is a joke also. It is guaranteed to post information late if at all. Almost laughed when it posted about an accident as I was right near it AFTER I was stuck in traffic for about an hour.

OP
OP
BobMc

BobMc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They did not have my credit card number--that is why they sent me the bill.
I do my best to keep that number to myself!!

Anyway--
The XM has been turned off as of this morning.
I now await the bill.
I did get an email survey about the service I received during this whole mess.
Needless to say, I blistered them.

Bob

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
XM

I had Sirius in my old truck for years, then XM in my 09 tahoe.

before the trial ran out, I knew (from years of Sirius) that I wanted it.

$400 lifetime.

1 charge, DONE. i'm 2 years into this truck, in another 2 I break even on it, and I keep my cars 10+ years, so this was the best solution for me.

10 years at $100/year = $1,000
10 years at $400 = $400

savings = $600.00

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900