WOW, tune done now it feels GREAT!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lamerem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I popped and ordered the Diablo i3 Platinum tuner. My expectations were low, but had someone at work talk me into it. I have to say, I'm impressed! I performed the "Diablo Tune" to the ECM and "Firm Shift" to the TCM. In addition, I deactivated the DOD/AFM. The truck (closest thing I have to a truck, LOL) feels 1,000 lbs lighter and has some pep in her step. No hesitation from the line anymore, no vibrating idle, nice firm shift (not too firm, just enough to plant the gears). On the highway while using cruise control it used to slow a bit on inclines, and now it doesn't do that at all. It maintains speed and is faster to downshift so that it doesn't reduce the speed.

I am happy that the tuner has some modes for towing, as I pull a boat as well. I am stoked to try those settings as well.

I know everyone swears by Black Bear (and I am sure they are amazing), but for me....this boost in power and drive-ability was exactly what I was looking for in my daily driver. I also drive 40 miles to work one way, and reset my AVG mileage before leaving home. I noticed a 3 mpg increase, but will monitor and post back with more definitive data as it becomes available.

OP
OP
lamerem

lamerem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011, Tahoe LT 5.3L, engine code: 0

JT Wolfe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just installed the canned 87 tune on a diablosport i2 I bought. Feels pretty awesome. I plan on getting it Diablew tuned eventually but there was definitely a noticeable boost from the stock settings to the canned one that comes on the diablo. I have an 07 5.3 LT.