Woodgrain ring separating from outter edge of steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be time for another steering wheel of you don't mind losing your heated steering.

View attachment 248672
That looks nice!

I ended up replacing my steering wheel with a GM non-wood one. It had all the buttons and heat that my original one did. But I think these are no longer available new. I'd given up, until I ran across someone else's post about a supplier getting a shipment of 3 in. I quickly snapped up one of those, and haven't heard of any more.

So now, the one you've posted might be the best new option, unfortunately without heat. Aside from that, you could possibly find a used one that came without the wood, and have it recovered.

There are dozens of formulations of CA glue now. Many of them are "toughened" or otherwise formulated to be more flexible than traditional CA. So if you use it, it's important to note brand name and type. I'm glad some have had success with this solution.

I'm happier to not have the wood ring, both from an appearance standpoint and comfort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727

Latest posts