Woodgrain ring separating from outter edge of steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had the wood ring around the grip start coming off the Escalade steering wheel? If so, What did you use to glue it back on?

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked the same question on here a month ago and got no response. After doing a little research, I decided to use contact cement. I figured it would hold up better in temperature changes, as the plastic "wood" piece and leather moved. I didn't like the mess. But I ended up masking the leather and keeping a drop cloth over the center of the wheel. It worked great. After a month, my truck has seen 24 degrees to 78 degrees, with no sign of the glue coming loose.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
How about a 2 part epoxy? I use it to fix dash foam when it separates from the dash structure. Works great.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about a 2 part epoxy? I use it to fix dash foam when it separates from the dash structure. Works great.

My only concern about epoxy is that it breaks down in UV light over time. Aside from that, and being more expensive than contact cement, and just as messy as contact cement, and you have to mix it, it might work just fine. :D

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp, mine separated yesterday. We've had a few days with temps in the 80's. And that's all it took to melt the contact cement. I guess I'll try epoxy next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505