Won't STOP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZeroCool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I did my brakes yesterday (pads, rotors and fluid flush) and I went for a drive and now my brakes are even squishier (sp?) than before! Before the brake job they felt very soft so I figured replacing everything was a good place to start. So then I replaced my master cylinder (just because it made sense at the time) and it's still super soft! I bled them several times with ZERO air in the lines and now I'm stumped.. Prease Help!

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
Probably an air leak, most likely at the master cylinder. Also how did you bleed the brakes? Right rear, L rear, R front, L front ?

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
exactly, and if it's worse than before i would go back and check what you replaced. I am assuming you bled the rear brakes as well?

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You replaced your master just for the hell of it?? I hope you bench bled it before replacing. Sounds like air, lots of air.

OP
OP
ZeroCool

ZeroCool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did bench bleed the master.. My neibor is a chevy mechanic and he suggested that I replace it because of the soft peddle in the first place. Anyone have any experience with getting air in the abs? Or getting it out rather?

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

And yes I bled all the brakes SERVERAL times.. Just to be sure. Thanks for the feedback!

OP
OP
ZeroCool

ZeroCool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cmon.. someone here HAS to have a soft peddle for no reason... Mine does stop... just when I stand on the peddle it will slowly fall to the floor

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
ZeroCool

ZeroCool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes.. It was bled when the truck was off... about 8 times and 3 bottles of fluid later..lol. I replaced it with a brand new one... even though the old one wasn't leaking! I adjusted the rear brakes today.. didn't help either.

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes.. It was bled when the truck was off... about 8 times and 3 bottles of fluid later..lol. I replaced it with a brand new one... even though the old one wasn't leaking! I adjusted the rear brakes today.. didn't help either.

you bled it while the truck was off ? your brake pump doesnt work if your truck is off. you gotta bleed them while the truck is on. it requires two people. one pumping the brake pedal and another loosening the bleeder screw then tightening them. you gotta do the rear R -Rear L - Front R - Front L. that should work. your issue is just a lotta air is in the system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skimask