Woman took my car... civil issue... trying to get it back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to research this a few years ago. California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Washington all require "All Party Consent" to legally record a conversation. The rest are "One Party Consent" and allow any contributor to a conversation to record the conversation. You just can't record conversations that you are not part of.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to research this a few years ago. California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Washington all require "All Party Consent" to legally record a conversation. The rest are "One Party Consent" and allow any contributor to a conversation to record the conversation. You just can't record conversations that you are not part of.
kind of funny how that works if I call my internet provider for instance and they play a statement "this call may be recorded" before a human being answers your option is to either continue or just hang up, I guess you could call it implied consent? if you continue with the call because it doesn't ask do you consent? so I guess it would be the same if the person is calling you and you say "this call may be recorded" and they don't hang up I would say you are within your rights?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kind of funny how that works if I call my internet provider for instance and they play a statement "this call may be recorded" before a human being answers your option is to either continue or just hang up, I guess you could call it implied consent? if you continue with the call because it doesn't ask do you consent? so I guess it would be the same if the person is calling you and you say "this call may be recorded" and they don't hang up I would say you are within your rights?
That’s just consent, period. Implied consent is when you must consent or suffer the consequences that are stated when you obtain obtain something like a driver license. It’s implied that you will consent to a breath or drug test when requested or your license will be suspended for the length of time specified. If you don’t want to be recorded after being told the convo might be recorded you can just hang up and there’s no consequence. By continuing you are consenting.

OP
OP
F

fixmycar

Reaction score
So...confirmed update is the warrant is with the Judge and it's being reviewed. I don't know if it's been like that since Monday or just today. I keep checking active warrants and jail bookings... Come up nada so far.

OP
OP
F

fixmycar

Reaction score
I have video of her breaking my TV... just after and she admits to it. Apparently per the courts that considered physical abuse. That's also stated in the 16 hour parenting course I signed up and finished recently. Shout out to the member who suggested that.

Also have audio of her going ape on me... Cursing demanding this and that, telling me to move out of my own home... Telling me it's her home etc... I have a few audio recordings where she's just straight going off on me and in front of the kids.

Since the truck was towed, I haven't spoken to my daughter... I've only spoken to her a handful of times in the last month and a half. Looks like early June for court date.. They were doing video conferences for some cases.. So far this isn't one of them.

All in all...****** situation.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo