Electrical issue question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dad_Cad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I've been battling this weird power issue fir a few months now. Cleaned up grounds, checked fuses and voltage. all accessories would work but intermittently wouldn't crank, kills all power when I go to start. Today I realized that 1 key fob throws the car into a theft detterent mode and doesn't allow it to start. While the other key I have it starts right up no problem. Does this key fob have a transponder in it that would be causing all these issues, and what's the best way to get replacement?

Side note. Does theft detterent mode cause ECM, TCM codes. They appeared the first time this while issue happened

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240307_211231_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240307_211231_Google.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 0

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I've been battling this weird power issue fir a few months now. Cleaned up grounds, checked fuses and voltage. all accessories would work but intermittently wouldn't crank, kills all power when I go to start. Today I realized that 1 key fob throws the car into a theft detterent mode and doesn't allow it to start. While the other key I have it starts right up no problem. Does this key fob have a transponder in it that would be causing all these issues, and what's the best way to get replacement?

Side note. Does theft detterent mode cause ECM, TCM codes. They appeared the first time this while issue happened
that's pretty unusual, theft activation would make the security light stay on and it would not start, there would be a security code in the system while active, nothing you would see other than the light. no other codes would happen.
you could try a relearn with the dealer or a locksmith, you have to do all keys or fobs at the same time.

RoadTrip

Reaction score
I wouldn’t bother to relearn the bad remote when new ones online are so inexpensive.

Order a new one and follow the YT videos for learning it in, or call a mobile locksmith to do it for you.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t bother to relearn the bad remote when new ones online are so inexpensive.

Order a new one and follow the YT videos for learning it in, or call a mobile locksmith to do it for you.
No telling if the remote is bad or not, could be something else entirely or just a glitch or it is not learned properly for some reason
another remote is not a bad idea, they could all be releaerned and if the problem persist's then just do not use that remote////

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts