Wiring Halo's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali22

Reaction score
I bought new Halo lights and im not sure how to do all the wiring and the led turn signal it came with anyone help me out?

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What brand are they, some of the sets ive seen have a screwy looking resistor pack that is feed into an epoxy filled box maybe half inch by an inch and 2 wires are fed out of it, trick being either can be power or ground like an alternating current then just splice ( i suggest soldering)them into either you day time driving or lows cover the connections in electrical wire and maybe duct tape so it's more weather resistent, or if your feeling ambitious use shrink tubing

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Denali22

Reaction score
I dont remember where i bought them from because I have been to lazy to do it but ill put up a pic of the wiring and do u know anything about the led blinkers in them?

OP
OP
D

Denali22

Reaction score
pics

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 31
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 28

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the leds are still located in the top headlight houseing with the lows and highs , cant see it too well but the led's look like they are the white/black wires and are already tied in together for +/-, think its safe to say black is going to be ground, white will be power so that will be up to you for when you want them to come on, shouldnt have to worry about drawing too much power away from your normal lights as leds draw less current so you can do either days/bumper or lows, might be able to see them better with lows at night and just splice them into the factory harness as it looks like the halo's (orange,black wires) are all wrapped together,its alot easier than it seems as long as you dont mix the ground/power and have a good solid splice, or if you wanted to get fancy you could obtain sum, i think they use either a 14 or 16 gauge wire ,and make the trip down to the fog lights so you could use the for light button to control when you want the leds and halo's to be on but then your fogs are going to on as well

white and orange into the power wire, black and black into the ground wire on the factory harness

OP
OP
D

Denali22

Reaction score
u think the leds are some sort of blinker though because thats what I thought they were? But everything else makes sense and seems pretty easy thanks for the help.

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eh sorta hard to say and how many lights you wana have goin at night with the lows on, I would really suggest not runnin the halos as part of the blinker as there would be more chance of them burnin out prematurely and I wouldn't wana have to think about replacing those and as long as you keep a blinker in your bumper lights you wouldn't need to go for the LEDs as blinkers since the only time people would see them would be when your turning. I'd say just try different combinations to see wat works for you, LEDs during the day, halos at night or vice versa or both on at the same time, altho aftermarket halos don't seem to show during the day to well it seems like then finalize your wiring and make sure you put the splices in parallelas to put less stress on the connections

+ ------------------
+--------------------\
+---------------------x------------

diagram made more sense in my mind but as long as you tape everything up securely u should be fine

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jr9688

Latest posts