NP8 wiring issues -Please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beano

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys-

I have a 2004 Suburban 2500 Q-Steer. I just pulled and rebuilt my 4l80e and did not mark the transfer case wiring. I have the 4 button 4x4 with AWD option. Pretty sure it is the NP8. When I put it back in, I realized there are several 2-pin connectors (VSS and front and rear speed sensors) that are all the same. Getting CEL and ABS lights and Q-Steer not working. Definitely got them all jacked up. Does anyone have a wiring detail for this or can someone tell me the wiring colors and locations?

Thanks!
Ben

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a 246, I believe the only transfer case offered on the 2500-series Suburbans. I didn't think Quadrasteer made a difference, but wasn't sure? On your last pic you can clearly the "246".

Also, it's not an AWD t-case, not that it really matters. It's a transfer case that detects slippage of the front wheels (via T-case speed sensors and front wheel speed sensors)and engages a clutch automatically to send power to the front.

There's an output VSS, the big harness for the encoder motor, and a third one I can't recall what it's for (the clutch pack slip detection IIRC.) So if you them wrong, just flip the two that look the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan